[net.bizarre] High Pressure

hddykeman@wateng.UUCP (Doug Dykeman) (10/12/85)

Here at the U of Waterloo a bunch of engineers have a big lab called
the High Pressure Laboratory.  You might think that this is where they
teach encyclopedia salesmen, or stockbrokers, or whatever, their trade
but you would be wrong.  Actually, I don't know what they do, but
the last time I walked by their door, I looked in and was amazed to see
that they were shaking the hell out of a street light (this was being
done mechanically - I didn't notice any people nearby).  I thought
this was pretty bizarre.  Any theories as to what these people might
be up to?  Alien beings from another planet perhaps that don't understand
that earth people simply do not do such things?
                                  dd

barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards) (10/16/85)

In article <2836@wateng.UUCP> hddykeman@wateng.UUCP (Doug Dykeman) writes:

>Here at the U of Waterloo a bunch of engineers have a big lab called
>the High Pressure Laboratory.  You might think that this is where they
>teach encyclopedia salesmen, or stockbrokers, or whatever, their trade
>but you would be wrong.  Actually, I don't know what they do, but
>the last time I walked by their door, I looked in and was amazed to see
>that they were shaking the hell out of a street light (this was being
>done mechanically - I didn't notice any people nearby).  I thought
>this was pretty bizarre.  Any theories as to what these people might
>be up to?  Alien beings from another planet perhaps that don't understand
>that earth people simply do not do such things?
>                                  dd