[net.bizarre] Pointer to truly bizarre

wmartin@brl-tgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) (10/16/85)

Look at posting <485@unmc.UUCP> in net.legal for a truly bizarre
item. Beats anything I've seen here lately!

ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (Kevin Chu) (10/18/85)

> Look at posting <485@unmc.UUCP> in net.legal for a truly bizarre
> item. Beats anything I've seen here lately!

In case you don't feel like going to net.legal, here it is:

< From: cs2551an@unmc.UUCP
< Newsgroups: net.legal
< Subject: finding toes
<
<
<
< 	Recently I found a human toe at a local fast food restaurant.  I didn't
< suffer any real damage but I would like to sue them for all that I can.  I have
< several questions.
<
< 1.  Should I try to find a legitamate lawyer or one who is only out for money
<     (like me)  I feel that I don't really have a legitamate claim but I still
<     have a good chance of winning the case.
<
< 2.  How much should I sue for.  I'm only in it for the money, but if I go too
<     high they probably won't give me anything.  I don't really want to put
<     anyone out of a job but it seems that an insurance company wouldn't be
<     too angry at anyone if I didn't sue for very much.(They might even settle
<     out of court so I won't have to go through the hassle of court)
<
< 3.  I didn't really suffer any damages(except for the price of my meal but I
<     was already refunded that) but can I sue for things like emotional damages
<     and things like that?
<
< 4.  I doubt that anyone out there has found a toe in their food but if you've
<     heard of any cases where anyone has could you please send me all you know
<     about it.
<
< 5.  Should I report it to all the news media so I have a better chance of
<     winning the case or will that allow the company to use some loophole?
<
<
<                           thanx in advance (but you can't have a cut)
<                           David North
<
<
--