[net.bizarre] What Does This Mean ??

dbp@dataio.Dataio.UUCP (Dave Pellerin) (09/30/85)

Sign posted in the foyer of a North Seattle church:

		______________
		|            |
		|  MESSIAH   |
		|  PRACTICE  |
		| DOWNSTAIRS |
		|            |
		--------------

diag@micomvax.UUCP (Hardware Diagnostics Group) (10/12/85)

In article <825@dataio.Dataio.UUCP> dbp@dataio.UUCP (Dave Pellerin writes:

>Sign posted in the foyer of a North Seattle church:
>
>		______________
>		|            |
>		|  MESSIAH   |
>		|  PRACTICE  |
>		| DOWNSTAIRS |
>		|            |
>		--------------

I guess North Seattle is impatient for the second coming, so they are
taking matters into their own hands.  My question is: how many hours
a day for how many years does one need to practice to become a Messiah?

jesus@panda.UUCP (Jesus Christ) (10/17/85)

In article <515@micomvax.UUCP> diag@micomvax.UUCP (Hardware Diagnostics Group) writes:
>In article <825@dataio.Dataio.UUCP> dbp@dataio.UUCP (Dave Pellerin writes:
>>
>>Sign posted in the foyer of a North Seattle church:
>>
>>		______________
>>		|            |
>>		|  MESSIAH   |
>>		|  PRACTICE  |
>>		| DOWNSTAIRS |
>>		|            |
>>		--------------
>
>I guess North Seattle is impatient for the second coming, so they are
>taking matters into their own hands.  My question is: how many hours
>a day for how many years does one need to practice to become a Messiah?

I practiced for six hours a day for ten years... but never "downstairs"
if you know what I mean.

					--J.C.

perl@rdin.UUCP (Robert Perlberg) (10/25/85)

I once saw a sign outside a church in New York City that read (name
changed because I can't remember what the name was):

		   ___________________________
                   |                         |
                   |     TODAY'S SERMON:     |
                   |   DO NOT BE DECEIVED    |