[can.politics] Prejudice

idallen@watmath.UUCP (08/03/84)

I risk quoting Mark Thompson out of context here:

> From: thompsm@utecfa.UUCP (Mark Thompson)
> ...I apoligize for my characterization but my exposure to the opinions
> of these people cannot help me conclude anything different their voting
> prowess...
> ...the voting habits of those in Quebec do not inspire kinder words
> about their insight...
> ...Typical distortion of the facts as Liberals or their type are prone
> to do...
> ...I knew I there would be those who would spew out the same old
> Liberal lies and distortions...

It saddens me to think that these groups of people (ethnics,
Quebeckers, and Liberals) have been thus labelled.  I know little of
politics, but I can not believe that all Quebeckers lack political
insight, or that all Liberals are prone to distort facts.  I know a
little bit more about my own feelings, and if I were an ethnic,
Quebecker, or Liberal I would feel hurt and angered by Mark's remarks.

Mark, surely you don't intend your remarks to have this effect?
--
        -IAN!  (Ian! D. Allen)      University of Waterloo