[can.politics] Trudeau as leader?

wphughes@violet.waterloo.edu (William Hughes) (03/29/88)

In article <6055@watdragon.waterloo.edu> jjwlisenchuk@rose.waterloo.edu (Jason Lisenchuk) writes:

>Ideally, I'd like to see Trudeau as interim leader as the party organizes
>a convention for June.  Brian Mulroney would never call a snap election
>with PET as leader.

Perhaps, but I think he'd be more likely to call one like a shot (depending
on the status of the NDP).   There is widespread apathy about Turner
but there is still a large minority that hate Trudeau's guts.  Moreover, some
of this minority belong to the Liberal party.  My arrogant opinion
(all political opinions should be held arrogantly) is that Trudeau as
interim leader would be a disaster.
                                        -William Hughes

P.S  This posting should not be taken as an indication of support for any
     of the three stooges.  I'm like most other Canadians except that
     I don't like Broadbent either!