[net.books] Machine-Readable copy of the Bible

prophet@umcp-cs.UUCP (05/15/84)

Subject: Bible Text
Newsgroups: net.religion,net.books

Is there a copy of the Bible in machine readable
form so that I could, in some manner, transfer it
to my system???????  Thanks ....

--
Call-Me:   Dennis Gibbs, Univ. of Md. Comp. Sci. Center.
UUCP:	   {seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!prophet

ron@brl-vgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (05/16/84)

[In Nomine Patris]

I shot this one around about 4 years ago.  What I got was a bunch
of "if you find one, let me know."  Karl Nyberg (current whereabouts
unknown) was supposed to have one, but the tape I got from him had
a bunch of ANSI labels and no data.  Someone else said he had a hebrew
translation on punched cards, which was a little to strange for me.

About six months ago I saw an ad for a bible on floppy disks in the
back of one of the home computer magazines.  They also sold a program
for going through it called (you got it) THE WORD Processor.

-Ron
Let me know if you find one.