[net.books] Farmer & Vonnegut

rick@uwmacc.UUCP (the absurdist) (09/28/84)

Subject: phil farmer != kurt vonnegut
Newsgroups: net.books

 [ This is the second line of this message -- would I lie? ]

 I asked Farmer several years ago why he hadn't written any
 more of the Kilgore Trout books.  He said because "Venus
 on the Half Shell" had done better than some of uVonnegut's
 recent stuff, and Vonnegut didn't appreciate that.  So
 KV wouldn't give Farmer permission to write any more books
 under that name.  Too bad -- VotHS was funny.
     But he autographed my copy as Kilgore Trout anyway...

--

Rick Keir -- MicroComputer Information Center, MACC
{allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!rick

"This is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put"
							-- Winston Churchill