[net.books] Sayers' mysteries

wmartin@brl-tgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) (12/20/84)

In the light of the recent mention of The Nine Tailors, and change-ringing,
I thought I would mention that anyone who enjoyed reading Sayers' Lord Peter
Wimsey mysteries (and especially those who liked the Masterpiece Theatre
airings of the BBC TV adaptations) should be aware that many NPR public
radio stations are carrying the radio versions. A couple local stations
have been carrying these for at least a couple years now. They get
repeated periodically. Most books are presented in 6 half-hour episodes,
but some use 8. The same actors as are on the TV programs portray their
characters in the radio versions (I believe). Quite enjoyable, and well
worth taping for later re-hearing. Currently, the local (St. Louis)
stations are carrying Whose Body and Five Red Herrings; The Nine Tailors
has just concluded, and Murder Must Advertise preceeded it.

I suggest you contact your local stations to discover when and if they
air these programs.

Having tapes of these might make long car trips more enjoyable, as one
possible use...

Regards,
Will Martin

USENET: seismo!brl-bmd!wmartin     or   ARPA/MILNET: wmartin@almsa-1.ARPA

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (12/31/84)

Sounds like no one has yet attempted to adapt any of the stories with
Harriet in them... more's the pity.

				"You gave them to me, and I loved them..."

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

thomas@utah-gr.UUCP (Spencer W. Thomas) (01/04/85)

In article <186@vax2.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>Sounds like no one has yet attempted to adapt any of the stories with
>Harriet in them... more's the pity.

Our local station did "Have His Carcase" this summer.
--
=Spencer
	({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas@utah-cs.ARPA)