[net.books] computer books

clarence@asburypark.ROCK (Clarence Clemmons) (01/24/85)

Maybe you folks can help settle an ongoing arguement. Bruce says that James
Martin's books are classics right up there with the Ivan Flores series. I
say Bruce is wrong. Neither of us have had alot of formal cs courses ( I
had a courses on introduction to the world of computers at Atlantic City
Community College while Bruce did advanced RPG II ). I still think  that
Wirth writes better books than either Flores or Martin. Besides didn't
Wirth get a prize for computers or something?

:wq

berry@zinfandel.UUCP (Berry Kercheval) (01/26/85)

In article <427@asburypark.ROCK> clarence@asburypark.ROCK (Clarence Clemmons) writes:
>Maybe you folks can help settle an ongoing arguement. Bruce says that James
>Martin's books are classics right up there with the Ivan Flores series. I
>say Bruce is wrong. Neither of us have had alot of formal cs courses ( I
>had a courses on introduction to the world of computers at Atlantic City
>Community College while Bruce did advanced RPG II ). I still think  that
>Wirth writes better books than either Flores or Martin. Besides didn't
>Wirth get a prize for computers or something?

Cmon, Clarence!  I've seen articles from asburypark.ROCK for long enough that
you oughta know better.  Let's move this discussion to net.books, huh?

--
Berry Kercheval		Zehntel Inc.	(ihnp4!zehntel!zinfandel!berry)
(415)932-6900

merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) (01/27/85)

> Maybe you folks can help settle an ongoing arguement. Bruce says that James
> Martin's books are classics right up there with the Ivan Flores series. I
> say Bruce is wrong. Neither of us have had alot of formal cs courses ( I
> had a courses on introduction to the world of computers at Atlantic City
> Community College while Bruce did advanced RPG II ). I still think  that
> Wirth writes better books than either Flores or Martin. Besides didn't
> Wirth get a prize for computers or something?
>
> :wq

Yes, he did.  However, he couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and played
almost no musical instruments and what is this doing in net.music?
--
"The backstroke."                    Peter Merchant
"Oh do shut up."