[net.books] Books to read - a good new author

kurt@pyuxhh.UUCP (K A Gluck) (01/22/85)

<Take two asprin and call me in the morning>

I have just finished my second book by Robert Asprin and all I can say is
that it is very very funny.

I have read:  Another fine myth
           :  Myth conceptions

I would never want to ruin them by even beginning to describe them in any sort
of detail.

Check out chapter 13 of the second book, and laugh (but dont read ahead).

The books are of course comedy sword and sorcery.

If you  liked Divlish the damned you should like these.

--
Kurt Gluck SPL 1c273a  Bell Communications Research Inc 6 Corporate Place	Piscataway NJ, 08854
      ihnp4!pyuxhh!kurt                   (201)-561-7100 x2023

rhesmith@wlcrjs.UUCP (Richard H. E. Smith II) (01/23/85)

In article <766@pyuxhh.UUCP> kurt@pyuxhh.UUCP (K A Gluck) writes:
>I have just finished my second book by Robert Asprin and all I can say is
>that it is very very funny.
>I have read:  Another fine myth
>           :  Myth conceptions
>The books are of course comedy sword and sorcery.

I'm disappointed with the paperback editions now in the bookstores (I can't
remember just who the publisher is just now).  These books were available
from Starblaze, a small publisher that does trade size SF mostly, with silly
illos by Phil Foglio.  The mass market pbs have lousy standard fantasy
covers... you know the kind I mean... all the characters illustrated look
kind of like Friar Tuck!  Oh well.

--
----------
Dick Smith						..ihnp4!wlcrjs!rhesmith

jlg@lanl.ARPA (01/24/85)

> <Take two asprin and call me in the morning>
>
> I have just finished my second book by Robert Asprin and all I can say is
> that it is very very funny.
>
> I have read:  Another fine myth
>            :  Myth conceptions

Something about books!?!  In net.books!?!  Amazing!

boris@mit-athena.ARPA (Boris N Goldowsky) (01/27/85)

The paperback version of Aprin's _Myth_ books are published by the Donning
Co., in Norfolk.  The first two, _Another Fine Myth_ and _Myth Conceptions_
are illustrated by Polly and Kelly Freas, whereas _Myth Directions_ and
_Hit or Myth_ are illustrated by Phil Foglio.
(I just happened to have them sitting next to my terminal...)
--boris

red@ukma.UUCP (Red Varth) (01/28/85)

Yep, Robert Asprin is a funny author all right. Trouble is,
he goofed when he changed artists. Kelly Freas did the original
editions of "Another Fine Myth" and "Myth-Conceptions". Phil
Folglio (sp?) did "Myth-Directions" and "Hit or Myth". All of
them quite humorus.

But Kelly is a MUCH better artist.

				Red