[net.books] Colin Wilson

cooley@nmtvax.UUCP (02/15/85)

Does anyone out there in net-land have information on Colin Wilson?
I have read 'The Outsider,' 'The Space Vampires,' 'The Mind Parasites,'
and 'The Philosophers Stone'. Are there any more books out? Comments,
slander, libel?

	- thaedeus zefuldar

gjerawlins@watdaisy.UUCP (Gregory J.E. Rawlins) (02/22/85)

In article <274@nmtvax.UUCP> cooley@nmtvax.UUCP (Michael D. Cooley) writes:
>Does anyone out there in net-land have information on Colin Wilson?
>I have read 'The Outsider,' 'The Space Vampires,' 'The Mind Parasites,'
>and 'The Philosophers Stone'. Are there any more books out? Comments,
>slander, libel?
>
>	- thaedeus zefuldar

	The only two others that i have read are _The Killer_ and
_The Occult_ .  _The killer_ is a very upsetting novel about a
psychotic rapist/murderer/scum (not to be *too* harsh :-) which
Wilson did to see if he could get into the mind_set of such a
person, he does a very good treatment of the killer much in the
vein of _The Boston Strangler_ or _Helter Skelter_, it's really
upsetting even though it's a novel and not based on any person.
	_The Occult_ shows Wilson's other side. It's a scholarly
treatment of the role of the occult in human existence; it's also
quite good.
	All in all Wilson is one strange bird.
		greg

--
Gregory Rawlins CS Dept.,U.Waterloo,Waterloo,Ont.N2L3G1 (519)884-3852
gjerawlins%watdaisy@waterloo.csnet                              CSNET

trb@cbscc.UUCP (Tom Balent) (02/22/85)

	Colin Wilson followed "The Outsider" with five other
	books, they were all suppose to follow the same thread
	started in "The Outsider". I do not remember all of the
	titles (I have not read them, nor can I find them all),
	however the second was "Religion and the Rebel" and
	the last one is "Beyond the Outsider".
	These were all printed in the late 50's early 60's and
	are probably out of print.
	I have a list of these books somewhere, when I find it
	I'll mail to you.

			T. Balent - AT&T-NS Columbus, O

carl@pyuxww.UUCP (C Hoffman) (02/25/85)

I read every Colin Wilson book I can get my hands on.
Some of the books that I have read that have not been
mentioned are: The Stature of Man, The Strength to Dream,
Beyond the Outsider, and Hesse, Reich, Borges three Essays.
All of these are great especially the first two. I have
read others but their names escape me at the moment.

This is the first I have heard of someone, other
than myself, expressing an interest in Colin Wilson.
If anyone out there can tell me where I can get copies
of any of his books I would appreciate it.

			Carl Hoffman