[net.books] Help finding a book

regard@ttidcc.UUCP (Adrienne Regard) (02/20/85)

Three years ago I picked up at the library a paperback book entitled
   "An Accomplished Woman"
which was so terrific I want to buy it.  I don't recall the author, and
the library doesn't have a record of it since it was a paperback.  The
local bookstores also do not have listings of it in their publisher
guides.  Anyone ever heard of it?

It is about a young woman born during the turn of the century who is
raised in a completely natural manner and her struggles with the resulting
poor fit to society at large.  The title is from the flyleaf quotation
"Abject as this picture appears, it is the portrait of an accomplished
woman" so I'm pretty sure I've got the title right.

Any clues?  Thanks.

cv@linus.UUCP (Chris Valas) (02/25/85)

In article <245@ttidcc.UUCP> regard@ttidcc.UUCP (Adrienne Regard) writes:

>Three years ago I picked up at the library a paperback book entitled
>   "An Accomplished Woman"

    etc.,etc.

>It is about a young woman born during the turn of the century who is
>raised in a completely natural manner and her struggles with the resulting
>poor fit to society at large.

What is a 'completely natural manner'?  Was she raised as an animal?  Was
she raised without any of the prevailing social prejudices of her time?
Is the phrase your own description, or was it from the jacket?  This sounds
interesting, sort of, but I'm curious...

Chris J. Valas         {decvax,utzoo,philabs,security,allegra,genrad}!linus!cv
-=-
In the autumn, before the winter, comes mans' last mad surge of youth...