[net.books] Clitor

srm@nsc.UUCP (Richard Mateosian) (04/07/85)

In article <563@homxb.UUCP> hrs@homxb.UUCP (H.SILBIGER) writes:

>There is an operation (mutilation) which was practiced on males

>It consists of slitting the penis on the bottom lengthwise

>this practice occurred mainly in matriarchical societies to
>limit the number of males available for families.

Elizabeth Gould Davis described a similar practice in "The First Sex", but she
said that it was to increase the pleasure of the matriarchs.  She said a lot
of interesting things in that book, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Incidentally, I heard on the news a year or so ago that she had killed herself
at the age of 64.
--
Richard Mateosian
{allegra,cbosgd,decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA