[net.books] Book title request.

wales@ucla-cs.UUCP (07/20/85)

In article <588@usl.UUCP> jla@usl.UUCP (Joe Arceneaux) writes:

>I remember once reading a short story about a time traveler who goes
>back to check out the dinosaurs.  All he does is step out of his
>machine, look around then get back in, but doing so he accidentally
>kills a butterfly.  When he gets back to the "present" things are
>radically different.  (Of course the farther back one goes, the more
>drastic the effects of the visit.)  Does anyone remember this story,
>and the author/title?

"A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury; in his collection R IS FOR ROCKET.
--
Rich Wales // UCLA Computer Science Department // +1 213-825-5683
	3531 Boelter Hall // Los Angeles, California 90024 // USA

klawrence@watarts.UUCP (Kevin Lawrence) (07/25/85)

[]
Allright people, here's a toughie:  About 14-16 years ago, when I was
about 6 or 7 years old, I read a group of short stories about travelling
around and about the solar system.  I remember two of the stories; one was
about a race around the sun (I think that was the title), and the other was
about a trip to one of the outer planets, in which there was this stretch of
dialogue about slinging the spaceship the explorers were in around Uranus by
using its gravity.  I think the stories must have been written before the
computer craze, because I remember the captain of the spaceship handing out
gravity calculations to members of the crew.  The group of stories had the
same hero and that's about all I can remember.  I know it's very little, but
I'd appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks in advance.
--
Kevin Lawrence (University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario)

"I'm not afraid of you anymore, Marty"
"Hee-Hee, well, if I see him, ma'am, I'll sure let him know"
{Blood Simple}