[net.books] WANTED: OZ books

lorien@mhuxn.UUCP (CONWAY) (10/14/85)

Does anyone out there know where I can get a hold of any of the *original*
OZ books written by L. Frank Baum?  I have been looking for years, and
none of the used book stores are aware of any sources.  Possibly a private
owner who might be willing to sell them might be the way to go.  Any help
would be much appreciated.  By the way, to avoid confusion, the originals
are *big* books about 12" high with fabulous color illustrations.

Thank you again for any help.

Anyone with any leads can contact me via email at mhuxn!lorien
 or by phone (business)  201-582-6255
 or by phone (home) 201-895-4167

rew@cbosgd.UUCP (Bob Warren) (10/14/85)

In article <228@mhuxn.UUCP>, lorien@mhuxn.UUCP (CONWAY) writes:
> Does anyone out there know where I can get a hold of any of the *original*
> OZ books written by L. Frank Baum?

The best commercial source for these books that I know of is a
children's book store in Manhattan called 'Books of Wonder'.  The
store is on Hudson Street in Greeenwich Village.  They carry a wide
assortment of old children's books (and new ones as well).  You should
realize, however, that these original editions can get EXPENSIVE.
They had a complete floor-to-ceiling bookcase full of Oz books the
last time I was in there (about a month ago).

Bob Warren
cbosgd!rew