[net.books] Charley

waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) (10/10/85)

A movie that I've always enjoyed was the 1968 film "Charley".  I know
that this film was based on a book entitled "Flowers for Algernon"
(I believe Algernon was the mouse).  Lately I've had a hankering to
read said book, but I don't know the author.  Can anyone tell me who it is?

                                 -- Walt Tucker
                                    Tektronix, Inc

hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) (10/12/85)

In article <5738@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>A movie that I've always enjoyed was the 1968 film "Charley".  I know
>that this film was based on a book entitled "Flowers for Algernon"
>(I believe Algernon was the mouse).  Lately I've had a hankering to
>read said book, but I don't know the author.  Can anyone tell me who it is?
>
>                                 -- Walt Tucker
>                                    Tektronix, Inc

I believe it was Ray Bradbury

Hank Buurman
hankb@dadla

In article <1125@teklds.UUCP>, hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) writes:
>In article <5738@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>>A movie that I've always enjoyed was the 1968 film "Charley".  I know
>>that this film was based on a book entitled "Flowers for Algernon"
>>(I believe Algernon was the mouse).  Lately I've had a hankering to
>>read said book, but I don't know the author.  Can anyone tell me who it is?
>>
>>                                 -- Walt Tucker
>>                                    Tektronix, Inc
>

>I believe it was Ray Bradbury
>
>Hank Buurman
>hankb@dadla

My copy sez Daniel Keyes (takes a Dan to know a Dan).  Is this a Ray Bradbury
pen name?
|        skokie, illinois        |
 --------------------------------   Path: ..!ihnp4!ttrdc!levy

ph@wucec2.UUCP (Paul Hahn) (10/13/85)

>>>A movie that I've always enjoyed was the 1968 film "Charley".  I know
>>>that this film was based on a book entitled "Flowers for Algernon"
>>>(I believe Algernon was the mouse).  Lately I've had a hankering to
>>>read said book, but I don't know the author.  Can anyone tell me who it is?
>>>
>>>                                 -- Walt Tucker
>>>                                    Tektronix, Inc
>>

>>I believe it was Ray Bradbury
>>
>>Hank Buurman
>>hankb@dadla
>
>My copy sez Daniel Keyes (takes a Dan to know a Dan).  Is this a Ray Bradbury
>pen name?

	No.
						--pH
/*
 *	"It grew.  It got big!"
 */

mab@riacs.ARPA (Matt Bishop) (10/14/85)

The short story (and book) were written by Daniel Keyes.

--
-----
Matt Bishop	mab@riacs.arpa	{decvax!decwrl,ihnp4!ames}!riacs!mab

blondin@druhi.UUCP (BlondinDJ) (10/14/85)

>In article <5738@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>>A movie that I've always enjoyed was the 1968 film "Charley".  I know
>>that this film was based on a book entitled "Flowers for Algernon"
>>(I believe Algernon was the mouse).  Lately I've had a hankering to
>>read said book, but I don't know the author.  Can anyone tell me who it is?
>>
>>                                 -- Walt Tucker
>>                                    Tektronix, Inc
>
>I believe it was Ray Bradbury
>Hank Buurman

	Nope, it was Daniel Keyes

gersh@dartvax.UUCP (Jeff A. Gershengorn) (10/14/85)

In article <1125@teklds.UUCP> hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) writes:
>In article <5738@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>>A movie that I've always enjoyed was the 1968 film "Charley".  I know
>>that this film was based on a book entitled "Flowers for Algernon"
>>(I believe Algernon was the mouse).  Lately I've had a hankering to
>>read said book, but I don't know the author.  Can anyone tell me who it is?
>>
>>                                 -- Walt Tucker
>>                                    Tektronix, Inc
>

>I believe it was Ray Bradbury
>
>Hank Buurman
>hankb@dadla

    No, the author is Daniel Keys.

"The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
 Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
                                                -P. Floyd

Jeff Gershengorn '88        ihnp4!dartvax!gersh
Hinman Box 1772     Dartmouth College       Hanover, New Hampshire 03755
Real World:   5 Fairway Drive    San Rafael, CA 94901

mer@prism.UUCP (10/14/85)

> /* Written  7:08 pm  Oct 11, 1985 by hankb@teklds in prism:net.books */
> In article <5738@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
> >A movie that I've always enjoyed was the 1968 film "Charley".  I know
> >that this film was based on a book entitled "Flowers for Algernon"
> >(I believe Algernon was the mouse).  Lately I've had a hankering to
> >read said book, but I don't know the author.  Can anyone tell me who it is?
> >
> >                                 -- Walt Tucker
> >                                    Tektronix, Inc
>

> I believe it was Ray Bradbury
>
> Hank Buurman
> hankb@dadla
> /* End of text from prism:net.books */

(a) It was a short story originally, named "Flowers for Algernon".  We
read it in high school.

(b) I'm pretty sure it *wasn't* Bradbury, but can't remember who it was
at the moment.
Meredith Lesly {mit-eddie, ihnp4!inmet, wjh12, cca, datacube} !mirror!mer

hankb@teklds.UUCP (Hank Buurman) (10/16/85)

In article <123@druhi.UUCP> blondin@druhi.UUCP (BlondinDJ) writes:
>>In article <5738@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>>>A movie that I've always enjoyed was the 1968 film "Charley".  I know
>>>that this film was based on a book entitled "Flowers for Algernon"
>>>(I believe Algernon was the mouse).  Lately I've had a hankering to
>>>read said book, but I don't know the author.  Can anyone tell me who it is?
>>>
>>>                                 -- Walt Tucker
>>>                                    Tektronix, Inc
>>
>>I believe it was Ray Bradbury
>>Hank Buurman
>
>	Nope, it was Daniel Keyes

I stand corrected, I apologize, forgive me, I,m sorry, HELP!

no more email please.(-:

Hank Buurman