[net.books] Man-in-Rubble

wdr@faron.UUCP (William D. Ricker) (10/22/85)

I've enjoyed the End-of-the-World (as-we-know-it) and the
After-the-Fall sub-genres.  One of each that I remeber fondly
that haven't been mentioned here:

Catastrophe: Timestorm, Gordy Dickson
After-the-fall: Var the Stick, Andre Norton
	(Var may be "juvenile"; the hero is.)

--

  William Ricker
  wdr@faron.UUCP						(UUCP)

Opinions are my own and not necessarily anyone elses.
No warranty, expressed or implied, is given about the veracity of any
statements contained herein.  Applicable law in your state may differ.

dale@aesat.UUCP (Dale Groves) (10/23/85)

In article <369@faron.UUCP> wdr@faron.UUCP (William D. Ricker) writes:
>I've enjoyed the End-of-the-World (as-we-know-it) and the
>After-the-Fall sub-genres.  One of each that I remeber fondly
>that haven't been mentioned here:
>
>Catastrophe: Timestorm, Gordy Dickson
>After-the-fall: Var the Stick, Andre Norton
>	(Var may be "juvenile"; the hero is.)

unless i'm mistaken, i believe Var the Stick part of Piers Anthony's
"Battle Circle" series - Var the Stick, Neq the Sword and Sos the
Rope.  Andre Norton has written Star Man's Son (also published as
Daybreak 2250 A.D.) as an EOTW novel, and perhaps Star Rangers
(also pub. as The Last Planet) as an ATF type.

  ________________________	Dale R. Groves
~/                       |	{allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!aesat!dale
 \__     ________________|
   /    /_`/                    Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
  /    /
 /    /					THE SHADOW KNOWS...
/____/

moews_b@h-sc1.UUCP (david moews) (10/23/85)

> After-the-fall: Var the Stick, Andre Norton
> 	(Var may be "juvenile"; the hero is.)
>   William Ricker
>   wdr@faron.UUCP						(UUCP)
>  {allegra,ihnp4,utzoo,philabs,uw-beaver}!linus!faron!wdr	(UUCP)

    "Var the Stick" is by Piers Anthony.  It is part of the
 "Battle Circle" trilogy consisting of:

      Sos the Rope
      Var the Stick
      Neq the Sword

   As far as I know, it is not a juvenile book.

David Moews     ...!harvard!h-sc1!moews_b   moews_b%h-sc1@harvard.arpa
       "The Cray-5 can execute an infinite loop in under a minute."

ml1@ukc.UUCP (M.Longley) (10/24/85)

Var the Stick is one third of Battle Circle by Piers Anthony