[net.books] Clan of the Cave Bear: third book

seb@mtgzz.UUCP (s.e.badian) (10/31/85)

	There was some discussion a while back about the Clan of the
Cave Bear trilogy by Joan Arel (am I even close?). While hunting around
a bookstore store in Burlington, Vermont, I noticed a poster announcing
the third book in the trilogy. Don't remember the title, but it will
be released around Christmas. I, for one, can't wait.

Sharon Badian
ihnp4!mtgzz!seb

michaele@tektronix.UUCP (Michael Edelman) (11/01/85)

In article <1357@mtgzz.UUCP> seb@mtgzz.UUCP (s.e.badian) writes:

>	There was some discussion a while back about the Clan of the
>Cave Bear trilogy by Joan Arel (am I even close?). While hunting around
>a bookstore store in Burlington, Vermont, I noticed a poster announcing
>the third book in the trilogy. Don't remember the title, but it will
>be released around Christmas. I, for one, can't wait.
>
>Sharon Badian
>ihnp4!mtgzz!seb

	I too have been anxiously awaiting this book for quite a long
time...  I believe the new book is called "The Mammoth Hunters" by
Jean M. Auel.  It is supposed to be available around November 8th
Dalton's.

	The bad news is that the hardcover price is a whopping $19.95!!
And the paperback isn't due out for quite some time.  Dalton's is "giving"
a 20% discount on the purchase price for a few days as a promotion.

Michael Edelman
Scientific Computer Center   DS 50/454
Tektronix, Inc.
P.O. Box 500
Beaverton, OR  97077

UUCP:		{ihnp4 | decvax | ucbvax}!tektronix!michaele
ARPA:		michaele.tek@rand-relay
CSnet:		michaele@tek
MaBell:		(503) 627-6707

lj@ewj01.UUCP (Leonard Jacobs) (11/04/85)

There is a good interview with Jean Auel in the November 1985 EAST WEST
JOURNAL, including fairly interesting background on Auel's teacher of
survival skills.  If you can't find EWJ in your town, send me mail and
I'll get you a copy.
--

	Len Jacobs
	East West Journal

michaele@tektronix.UUCP (Michael Edelman) (11/07/85)

[]

	The Mammoth Hunters was released yesterday (Nov. 6) in Portland.
Daltons is selling it for $13.79 (30% off).  The book is a wopping 645
pages!