[net.books] Representative Ayn Rand Book

bradley@im4u.UUCP (David K. Bradley) (11/15/85)

To all you Ayn Rand fans:

In your opinion which of Ayn Rand's books is most representative of
her writings?  I've never read anything by her and may not read more than one
or two of her books (depending on how I like them) so I'd like those one or two
to be the "right" ones.  Please respond via e-mail.  Thanks.

Note: This is not meant to start another Ayn Rand discussion on the net!

--
David Bradley

David K. Bradley,  UUCP:  {ihnp4,seismo,harvard,gatech}!ut-sally!im4u!bradley
ARPA Internet and CSNET:  bradley@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU

eli@vcvax1.UUCP (eli) (11/18/85)

> To all you Ayn Rand fans:
>
>  [ request for info on Ayn Rand Books ] ...

> Note: This is not meant to start another Ayn Rand discussion on the net!

Bummer. Why not?
I realize that the topic has probably been done once or twice, but can
we be THAT bored of it?
I have just finished "Atlas Shrugged" and am now in the middle of
"The Virtue of Selfishness". I would love to talk about this on the net.

> --
> David Bradley

> David K. Bradley,  UUCP:  {ihnp4,seismo,harvard,gatech}!ut-sally!im4u!bradley
> ARPA Internet and CSNET:  bradley@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU

					Elias Israel
					{harvard,mit-eddie}!cybvax0!vcvax1!eli

pearson@cdstar.UUCP (Mark Pearson) (11/21/85)

In article <644@im4u.UUCP>, bradley@im4u.UUCP (David K. Bradley) writes:
> In your opinion which of Ayn Rand's books is most representative of
> her writings?

Depends upon what you want:
The most complete statement of her philosophy in novel form: Atlas Shrugged.
Less complete statement of philosophy but more "human" novel: Fountainhead.
Let's-get-down-in-the-mud-and-cry-about-life's-crap but not well developed
philosophically: We the Living.
Quick synopsis of her "sense of life" (her term): Anthem.

When I decide I need a Rand ReRead, I usually go for Fountainhead or
Atlas, depending on how close-to-the-real-world human I want to be
(Fountainhead being closer).