[net.books] Robert Ludlum Books

wrd@tekigm2.UUCP (Bill Dippert) (02/03/86)

The following is a partial list of Ludlum books:

LUDLUM, ROBERT

     The Aquitaine Progression
     The Bourne Identity
     The Bourne Supremacy
     The Chancellor Manuscript
     The Gemini Contenders
     The Holcroft Covenant
     The Matarese Circle
     The Matlock Paper
     The Osterman Weekend
     The Parsifal Mosaic
     The Rhinemann Exchange
     The Road to Gandolfo
     The Scarletti Inheritance

Additions, corrections to:
tektronix!tekigm2!wrd
--Bill--

rjv@ihdev.UUCP (ron vaughn) (02/05/86)

In article <412@tekigm2.UUCP> wrd@tekigm2.UUCP (Bill Dippert) writes:
>The following is a partial list of Ludlum books:
>
>LUDLUM, ROBERT

>     The Road to Gandolfo
>tektronix!tekigm2!wrd

you might mention that the road to gandolfo was originally published
under a pen name.  that looks like a complete list to me.

do the other ludlum readers have that same feeling about his books?
i mean, i'm a sucker for them, i've read them all, but DAMN if he
doesn't use the same general theme over and over.  the running
joke around my apt. is:

"remember that ludlum book, you know, the one where it's one guy against
the world, and he's has to go under cover, and everyone think's he's the
bad guy."

and then someone (normally my roommate) replies, "yes! yes!  and there's a
couple of big plot twists, and the good guys turn out to be bad guys, and the
hero travels to 7 countries, and somehow nazi's are involved, but he makes it
in the end, even though a lot of people he cares about dies"

"right!!  that one."  and of course, the title(s) is never mentioned

well hell, with a few word changes, that almost describes most of his novels.
when i think back on his books, i get all the plots crossed and confused.
but like i said, i'm a sucker for them, i think they're fun to read.

	i liked ludlum's amex. (do you know me?) commercial, too!

	ron vaughn	...!ihnp4!ihdev!rjv