[net.books] Robert A. Heinlein Books REVISED

wrd@tekigm2.UUCP (Bill Dippert) (02/08/86)

Corrections thanks to Evelyn C. Leeper.

HEINLEIN, ROBERT A. (pseud. Anson MacDonald)

The History of the Future:
--------------------------
     Lifeline (notes 1,2,3)
     "Let There be Light" (note 4)
     (Word Edgewise)
     The Roads Must Roll (notes 2,4)
     Blowups Happen (notes 1,2,3)
     The Man Who Sold the Moon (notes 2,4)
     Delilah & the Space Rigger (notes 2,7)
     Space Jockey (notes 2,7)
     Requiem (notes 2,4)
     The Long Watch (notes 2,7)
     Gentlemen, Be Seated (notes 2,7)
     The Black Pits of Luna (notes 2,7)
     "It's Great to be Back!" (notes 2,7)
     "--We Also Walk Dogs" (notes 2,7)
     Searchlight (note 2)
     Ordeal in Space (notes 2,7)
     The Green Hills of Earth (notes 2,7)
     (Fire Down Below)
     Logic of Empire (notes 2,7)
     (The Sound of His Wings)
     (Eclipse)
     (The Stone Pillow)
     The Menace From Earth (note 2)
     If This Goes On--- (notes 2,5)
     Coventry (notes 2,5)
     Misfit (notes 2,5)
     Universe (Prologue only)
     Methuselah's Children (notes 2) [Lazarus Long]
     Universe (note 6)
     Commonsense (note 6)
     (Da Capo)

The above is from the chart which appeared in many of the earlier Heinlein
Future of the World books.

Note 1:  included in "Expanded Universe"
Note 2:  included in "The Past Through Tomorrow"
Note 3:  included in "The Worlds of R.A. Heinlein"
Note 4:  included in "The Man Who Sold the Moon" (aka Future History,
         Volume 1:  The Man Who Sold the Moon)
Note 5:  included in "Revolt in 2100" (aka Future History, Volume 3:
         Revolt in 2100)
Note 6:  included in "Orphans of the Sky"
Note 7:  included in "The Green Hills of Earth" (aka Future History,
         Volume 2:  The Green Hills of Earth)

For more information on the stories in parathesis see "Revolt in 2100"
chapter entitled "Concerning Stories Never Written:  Postscript"

Additional titles for History of the Future:
     The Cat Who Walks Through Walls [Lazarus Long]
     The Number of the Beast [Lazarus Long]
     The Past Through Tomorrow
	  Life-Line
	  The Roads Must Roll
	  Blowups Happen (1946 version 1)
	  The Man Who Sold the Moon
	  Delilah and the Space-Rigger
	  Space Jockey
	  Requiem
	  The Long Watch
	  Gentlemen, Be Seated
	  The Black Pits of Luna
	  "It's Great to Be Back!"
	  "--We Also Walk Dogs"
	  Searchlight
	  Ordeal in Space
	  The Green Hills of Earth
	  Logic of Empire
	  The Menace From Earth
	  "If This Goes On--"
	  Coventry
	  Misfit
	  Methuselah's Children [Lazarus Long]
     Time Enough For Love [Lazarus Long]

Total List of Heinlein Books:
-----------------------------
     Assignment in Eternity
     Between Planets
     Beyond This Horizon
     The Cat Who Walks Through Walls
     Citizen of the Galaxy
     The Day After Tomorrow (aka Sixth Column)
     The Door Into Summer
     Double Star
     Expanded Universe
	  Life-Line
	  Successful Operation
	  Blowups Happen (1940 version)
	  Solution Unsatisfactory
	  The Last Days of the United States
	  How To Be a Survivor
	  Pie from the Sky
	  They Do It With Mirrors
	  Free Men
	  No Bands Playing, No Flags Flying--
	  A Bathroom of Her Own
	  On the Slopes of Vesuvius
	  Nothing Ever Happens on the Moon
	  Pandora's Box
	  Where To?
	  Cliff and the Calories
	  Ray Guns and Rocket Ships
	  The Third Millennium Opens
	  Who Are the Heirs of Patrick Henry?
	  "Pravda" Means "Truth"
	  Inside Intourist
	  Searchlight
	  The Pragmatics of Patriotism
	  Paul Dirac, Antimatter, and Yo
	  Larger Than Life
	  Spinoff
	  The Happy Days Ahead
     Farmer in the Sky
     Farnham's Freehold
     Friday
     Glory Road
     The Green Hills of Earth
     Have Space Suit, Will Travel
     I Will Fear No Evil
     Job:  A Comedy of Justice
     The Man Who Sold the Moon
     The Menace From Earth
     Methuselah's Children
     The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
     The Number of the Beast
     Orphans of the Sky
	  Universe
	  Common Sense
     The Past Through Tomorrow
     Podkayne of Mars
     The Puppet Masters
     Red Planet
     Revolt in 2100
     Rocket Ship Galileo
     The Rolling Stones
     6 x H (aka The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag)
     Space Cadet
     The Star Beast
     Starman Jones
     Starship Troopers
     Stranger in a Strange Land
     Time Enough For Love
     Time for the Stars
     Tomorrow the Stars (edited by R.A.H.)
     Tunnel in the Sky
     Universe (original contains Universe only)
     Waldo:  Genius in Orbit (aka Waldo and Magic, Inc.)
     The Worlds of Robert A. Heinlein
	  Pandora's Box
	  Free Man
	  Blowups Happen (1946 version 2)
	  Searchlight
	  Life-Line
	  Solution Unsatisfactory

Corrections, additions, etc. to:
tektronix!tekigm2!wrd
--Bill--

dianeh@ism780c.UUCP (Diane Holt) (02/11/86)

I appreciate the time and effort you take deriving and posting these lists,
but when you have revisions, could you post just the 'diff' between the
original and the update. It would cut way down on net volume (no pun
intended, but you take 'em where you can get 'em, right :-)), and those
postings could be used by us to update the lists we've already saved off.
Just a thought, and thanks for the lists, really.

Diane Holt
INTERACTIVE Systems Corp.
(east coast:) ihnp4!ima!ism780!dianeh
(west coast:) decvax!vortex!ism780!dianeh

"Mostly I just read the dictionary...yeah, I figure all the other books are
 in there, right?"

wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) (02/14/86)

In article <560@ism780c.UUCP> dianeh@ism780c.UUCP (Diane Holt) writes:
>I appreciate the time and effort you take deriving and posting these lists,
>but when you have revisions, could you post just the 'diff' between the
>original and the update.

I too would prefer getting the "diff" rather than having to fiddle
with both huge files.  But there's a problem.

>It would cut way down on net volume, . . . those
>postings could be used by us to update the lists we've already saved off.

[excerpt from volumes of postings, volumes and volumes....]

Heinlein list, what Heinlein list?  Anybody know where I can get the
Heinlein list, would someone please post the entire list.  I just got
onto the net and would appreciate it if someone could email me the
Heinlein list.

There are folks new to the net every day.  This is why the LBJ
problem, the Patty O'Furniture problem, etc.  So I don't think posting
the list once and for all will do it.  Maybe we could get by with
"diff" postings that announced the next scheduled reposting of the
entire list, though.  Or an address to request it, if Bill's willing.

But if I'm going to have to read traffic about the lists, I'd rather
it was a title like "List of Books by Patty O'Furniture" rather than
lots of ditzy little articles with titles like "Help" "Need list" or
"What?"

I too appreciate the lists, sympathize with the folks who get tired of
seeing the reposts, and hope whoever responds to this article can come
up with a solution.  I know I don't have it.

				STella Calvert

		Every man and every woman is a star.

Guest on:	...!decvax!frog!wjr
Life:		Baltimore!AnnArbor!Smyrna!<LotsOfHitchhikingAndShortVisits>
			!SantaCruz!Berkeley!AnnArbor!Taxachusetts
Future:			...	(!L5!TheBelt!InterstellarSpace)