[net.books] A.C. Doyle **Booklist**

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (03/16/86)

I don't usually reply to these listings, but I couldn't resist here.

  ---------------------
> [...]
>      When the World Screamed

This is a short story, not a novel, and has never appeared on its own, but
only as part of the collections THE PROFESSOR CHALLENGER STORIES, THE MARACOT
DEEP AND OTHER STORIES, or certain editions of THE POISON BELT.

And there are numerous collections of short stories that you have not listed
in your "Other" section. One that I wish to gloatingly mention, as I have a
copy of it, is:

THE GREAT KLEINPLATZ EXPERIMENT (Rand McNally, 1895) -- a dime-novel format
paperback. This is the only edition of this particular collection, though
all of the stories herein appear in the earlier collection THE CAPTAIN OF
"THE POLESTAR" AND OTHER TALES, as well as in various other collections.
This collection is not to be confused with another one entitled THE GREAT
KLEINPLATZ EXPERIMENT AND OTHER TALES OF TWILIGHT AND THE UNSEEN. There are
only three stories that appear in both similarly-named collections.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM