[net.religion] I liked this one....

reid (02/05/83)

>From seismo!hao!menlo70!sytek!zehntel!tektronix!ucbcad!ucbvax:decvax!yale-com!brunix!jss Sun Jan 30 14:51:32 1983
Subject: another view of Bible
Newsgroups: net.misc

Today's NY Times Book Review has, on p.3, an essay by the late John
Gardner on literary influences. One paragraph mentions our latest
favorite topic of discussion:
"One of my less pleasant chores when I was youngg was to read the Bible
from one end to the other. Reading the Bible straight through is at least 70
percent discipline, like learning Latin. But the good parts are, of course,
simply amazing. God is an extremely uneven writer, but when He's good,
nobody can touch him."

judith schrier
!decvax!brunix!jss