[net.religion] net.?

rcj1 (05/11/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site alice.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 gamma 4/7/83; site ihuxi.UUCP
Date:Wed, 11-May-83 12:49:42 EDT
Organization:BTL Naperville, Il.

I thought this was net.religion??
My dictionary says: Atheist, refers to persons not inclined toward religious
beliefs or particular form of religious belief...
Will someone create net.atheist for the Godless one's*PLEASE*?????
Personally, I wonder who the Atheist will call for on his death bed?
When death is inevitable((sp?) will he call for a Rabbi,Preacher,Priest?
Even the devil believes in God!!!!!

In the mean time: If schools teach evolution, I vote for equal time for
creationism!!!! All in favor say AMEN...

PS: 1 vote foor net.atheist

			Not afraid to speak out,
			Ray Jender
			WECO, Indian Hill
			ihuxi!rcj1

tim (05/12/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 gamma 4/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Date:Wed, 11-May-83 17:58:35 EDT

	Will someone create net.atheist for the Godless one's*PLEASE*?????
	Personally, I wonder who the Atheist will call for on his death bed?
	When death is inevitable((sp?) will he call for a Rabbi,Preacher,Priest?
	Even the devil believes in God!!!!!

[from my companion Pam]
Egad!  Yet another Christian smugly envisioning an atheist dying in agony
and terror of what lies ahead.  I hate to disappoint you.  A relative of
mine who was an atheist died quite peacefully and in his right mind.  Why
would an atheist call on anybody?  A person who does not believe in God
is hardly likely to believe in Hell.  Is your only motivation for your
beliefs the fear of what God will do with you if you're not constantly
praising his name?  At least Apollo, Pan, Diana, and Venus don't threaten
me with hellfire if I don't worship them.

[from Tim]
Why not just put us all into ghettoes instead of stopping at a separate
group? After all, we're non-Christian scum who don't deserve to air our
filthy views in the presence of good Christians.

	In the mean time: If schools teach evolution, I vote for equal time for
	creationism!!!! All in favor say AMEN...

[also from Tim]
I was taught creationism in my public high school. The teacher said "There
are people who don't believe in evolution. They believe that the universe
or life were created by a highly potent supernatural being." She then went
on with the business of biology. Beyond that, what can you say without
preaching one faith or another? Do you want Genesis taught?

mark (05/14/83)

if sunday schools teach creationism, i vote for equal time for
evolution!!!!  all in favor say SO THERE...

ps: 1 vote against net.atheist.  atheism only exists by its contrast with
religion (or as a kind of religion, in some cases).

			mARK bLOORE
			univ of toronto