[net.religion] Romans in the Bible

pocha@denelcor.UUCP (09/22/83)

ess of
of David according to the flesh,        God is revealed from faith to faith;
4. and declared to be the Son of God    as it is written, "The just shall
with power, according to the Spirit     live by faith."  Habakkuk 2:4
of holiness, by the resurrection
from the dead,                          God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
5. through whom we have received
grace and apostleship for obedience     18. For the wrath of God is revealed
to the faith among all nations for      from heaven against all ungodliness
His name,                               and unrighteousness of men, who sup-
6. among whom you also are the          press the truth in unrighteousness,
called of Jesus Christ;                 19. because what may be known of
					God is manifest in them, for God has
7. To all who are in Rome, beloved      shown it to them.
of God, called to be saints:            20. For since the creation of the
					world His invisible attributes are
   Grace to you and peace from God      clearly seen, being understood by
our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.   the things that are made, even His
					eternal power and Godhead, so that
Desire to Visit Rome                    they are without excuse,
					21. because, although they know God,
8. First, I thank my God through Jesus  they did not glorify Him as God, nor
Christ for you all, that your faith     were thankful, but became futile in
is spoken of throughout the whole       their thoughts, and their foolish
world.                                  hearts were darkened.
9. For God is my witness, whom I serve  22. Professing to be wise, they
with my spirit in the gospel of His     became fools,
Son, that without ceasing I make        23. and changed the glory of the
mention of you always in my prayers,    incorruptible God into an image made
10. making request if, by some means    like curruptible man -- and birds
now at last I may find a way in the     and four-footed beasts and creeping
will of God to come to you.             things.
11. For I long to see you, that I may   24. Therefore God also gave them up
impart to you some spiritual gift, so   to uncleanness, in the lusts of
that you may be established--           their hearts, to dishonor their
12. that is, that I may be encouraged   bodies among themselves,
together with you by the mutual faith   25. who exchanged the truth of God
both of you and me.                     for the lie, and worshiped and
13. Now I do not want you to be un-     served the creature rather than the
aware, brethren, that I often planned   Creator, who is blessed forever.
to come to you (but was hindered until  Amen.
now), that I might have some fruit      26. For this reason God gave them
among you also, just as among the       up to vile passions. For even their
other Gentiles.                         women exchanged the natural use for
14. I am a debtor both to the Greeks    what is against nature.
and to barbarians, both to wise and     27. Likewise also the men, leaving
to unwise.                              the natural use of the woman, burned
15. So, as much as is in me, I am       in their lust for one another, men
ready to preach the gospel to you       with men committing what is shameful,
who are in Rome also.                   and receiving in themselves the

                                    -2-

penalty of their error which is due.    30. backbiters, haters of God, violent,
28. And even as they did not like to    proud, boasters, inventers of evil
retain God in their knowledge, God      things, disobedient to parents,
gave them over to a debased mind, to    31. undiscerning, untrustworthy,
do those things which are not fitting;  unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
29. being filled with all unrighteous-  32. who, knowing the righteous judge-
ness, sexual immorality, wickedness,    ment of God, that those who practice
covetousness, maliciousness; full of    such things are worthy of death, not
envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-     only do the same but also approve of
mindedness; they are whisperers,        those who practice them.

					John Pocha
					work (303)337-7900 x379
					home (303)794-5190
				   {csu-cs|nbires|brl-bmd}!denelcor!pocha

ignatz@ihuxx.UUCP (Dave Ihnat, Chicago, IL) (09/30/83)

To: ihnp4!zehntel!sytek!menlo70!hao!csu-cs!denelcor!pocha
Subject: Re: Romans in the Bible

KEEP THIS STUFF OFF THE GENERAL NET!!!

You have your own net...stay on it!  You have every right to your
beliefs; but don't go dumping this stuff where it doesn't belong!

Please note that I'm annoyed enough that I'm posting this to the net as well.

				Dave Ihnat
				ihuxx!ignatz
				(h) 312 784-4544
				(w) 312 979-0946