[net.religion] homosexuality

david@ssc-vax.UUCP (David Norris) (11/15/83)

>W.r.t. homosexuality being unnatural: many animals exhibit
>homosexuality - I know for sure about ducks, dogs, and rats (these are
>the ones I've read about). The interesting thing about the rats was
>that it was observed in an experiment with overcrowding. The rats were
>given all the food they needed, but a limited amount of space. Result
>was pregnant rats re-absorbing their babies (this happens in rabbits
>too, come to think of it) or eating them as they're born, an increase
>in the number of violent encounters, an increase in the injury
>inflicted in these encounters, and an increase in homosexuality (which
>however, had been present all along). I think one might be able to
>draw parallels too our current crowded situation in cities. One
>hypothesis is that homosexuality is a natural and NEEDED method of
>birth control.

   Is eating our young a natural and NEEDED form of birth control, too?
Why don't we just have weekly street fights in which a portion of the
population is decimated?  That would do a good job of controlling the
population.  I would like to know more about this experiment.
  -- Dave Norris

wargo@sdcsla.UUCP (11/22/83)

Homosexuality does not hurt anyone?
Mabey you would like to explane AIDS.

smb@ulysses.UUCP (11/23/83)

	From: wargo@sdcsla.UUCP
	Subject: homosexuality
	Date: Mon, 21-Nov-83 16:52:18 EST

	Homosexuality does not hurt anyone?
	Mabey you would like to explane AIDS.

It's most likely a viral infection, spread by a variety of mechanisms
including sexual contact.  Although the gay community has had a higher
incidence of it to date, cases have been reported among heterosexual
partners of infected individuals.  This in turn raises the likelihood
of eventual spread to the population as a whole, with incidence patterns
similar to other sexually transmitted diseases.

I should stop here, since I've obviously explained it, but that's not what
you're asking.  Instead, I'll ask you a question:  does being a Haitian
hurt other people?  Maybe we should nuke Hispaniola (and take out the
Dominican Republic while we're at it; they're too close)?  If you still
don't see my point, I'll be even more explicit:  when a crime is committed,
do you blame the criminal or the victim?  In the case of AIDS, I blame the
virus, not the sufferers.

david14@garfield.UUCP (David Janes) (11/24/83)

>Homosexuality does not hurt anyone?
>Mabey you would like to explane AIDS.

and of course, you would enjoy explaining VD.

-------
	- David Janes (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
		...!{allegra, inhp4, utcsrgv}!garfield!david14

mcewan@uiucdcs.UUCP (mcewan ) (11/28/83)

#R:sdcsla:-44900:uiucdcs:33000014:000:338
uiucdcs!mcewan    Nov 28 00:18:00 1983

	/***** uiucdcs:net.religion / sdcsla!wargo /  7:49 pm  Nov 22, 1983 */
	Homosexuality does not hurt anyone?
	Mabey you would like to explane AIDS.

As long as we're on the subject of venereal diseases, how about giving us
a first-hand report on the long-term effects of syphilis?

				Scott McEwan
				uiucdcs!mcewan