	From: rene@umcp-cs.UUCP
	Newsgroups: net.religion,net.motss
	Subject: Re: Observations on net.motss - homosexuality is a sin
	Date: Mon, 14-Nov-83 11:21:44 EST

	W.r.t. homosexuality being unnatural: many animals exhibit
	homosexuality - I know for sure about ducks, dogs, and rats (these are
	the ones I've read about). The interesting thing about the rats was
	that it was observed in an experiment with overcrowding. The rats were
	given all the food they needed, but a limited amount of space. Result
	was pregnant rats re-absorbing their babies (this happens in rabbits
	too, come to think of it) or eating them as they're born, an increase
	in the number of violent encounters, an increase in the injury
	inflicted in these encounters, and an increase in homosexuality (which
	however, had been present all along). I think one might be able to
	draw parallels too our current crowded situation in cities. One
	hypothesis is that homosexuality is a natural and NEEDED method of
	birth control.
	--
	Arpa:   rene.umcp-cs@CSNet-relay
	Uucp:...{allegra,seismo}!umcp-cs!rene

Laura Creighton (silly silly after all these years)
utzoo!utcsstat!laura