[net.religion] Creationism

velu@umcp-cs.UUCP (03/15/84)

I am trying to compile a list of arguments against creationism. If you
have any arguements which you believe show that the concepts of
"creation" are incorrect, please mail them to me. I have been asked by
a friend who is a 'Christian' to compile a list of reasons why I
believe that life, the universe, and everything could not have been
created. She wishes to defend herself by showing that the arguements
which I give her are inconsistant/false. I asked if I could take the
assistance of my fellow flamers on the net, and she agreed. So I shall
start the list off, and hope to get lotsof flames MAILED to me. I will
summarize all of the arguements as well as their rebuttals.

					Thanx.
						- Velu
Argument 1:
   If the world was created in 6 days as is written, then the
differences between, for example, the time of the dinosaurs and the
time of the humans would be very small. However, through all of the
dating schemes, and physical phenonmena which we take to be true, we
see a discrepancy of many millenia between the times of the man and the
times of the dinosaur. How do we explain this?

An arguement which I have been given in rebuttal to this is that
	 "Skelatons of men have been found which date to the time of
	 the dinosaur."
Unfortunately, I have not heard of any such skelaton being found. Have
you?

	Keep 'em comin'!!!
--
 Velu Sinha
UUCP:	{seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!velu

jdb@qubix.UUCP (Jeff Bulf) (03/17/84)

> From: velu@umcp-cs.UUCP
>
> I am trying to compile a list of arguments against creationism...

You might be interest ed in the September 1983 "theme" issue of Scientific
American on geodynamics. Most of the events it describes in geohistory took
place looooong before Bishop Usher's 4004 BC. Their facts and detail are
overwhelming

--
	Dr Memory
	...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!qubix!jdb

wbpesch@ihuxp.UUCP (Walt Pesch) (03/21/84)

And don't forget how god must have also created photons in
Interstellar Space so that the stars that are more that (4004 + 1984)
years away, can be scene from Earth.  My question is whether the
other galaxies actually exist (did god spend part of his only six
days) or did he have a cost reduction where he only put the photons
there to confuse us, without creating the other galaxies.  I'll have
to ask a local Minister-Historian.

                                          Walt Pesch
                                      AT&T Technologies
                                     ihnp4!ihuxp!wbpesch

slag@charm.UUCP (slag) (03/23/84)

	Isn't it a bit stupid that anything exists at all?
	No reason for it really.