[net.music] FM's albums

chris@politik.UUCP (Christopher Seiwald) (02/28/85)

After a year of searching, I finally came across FM's Black Noise album,
and after finding it to be outstanding (up there with Camel, UK, Saga,
and the ilk), I want to know if their other albums are well recommended.

Any suggestings, FM fans?
--
Christopher Seiwald
dual!ptsfa!politik!chris

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (03/04/85)

>	From: chris@politik.UUCP (Christopher Seiwald)

>	After a year of searching, I finally came across FM's Black
>	Noise album, and after finding it to be outstanding (up there
>	with Camel, UK, Saga, and the ilk), I want to know if their
>	other albums are well recommended.

>	Any suggestings, FM fans?

For the longest time, I only had "Direct to Disk" and "City of Fear" (I
couldn't find their other albums), and a while ago I posted a message to
net.music asking about their albums.  I received several responses from
people and they all said that "Direct to Disk" and "Black Noise" were
great, but that "City of Fear" and "Surveillance" sucked.  Well recently
I found a record store that had all their albums (except for "Direct to
Disk") and each for only 99 cents!  You have to look in the buget
section of record stores to find FM albums.  In any case, I really like
all their albums, so I must be subhuman slime or something.

				"Nothing is a dream until you
				 Wake up,"

				Doug Alan
				 mit-eddie!nessus
				 Nessus@MIT-MC

P.S.  Any Toya fans out there.  I just got her album "The Changeling"
and it's pretty good.  Especially the song "The Packt"!  What are her
best albums?

abh6509@ritcv.UUCP (A. Hudson) (03/06/85)

> After a year of searching, I finally came across FM's Black Noise album,
> and after finding it to be outstanding (up there with Camel, UK, Saga,
> and the ilk), I want to know if their other albums are well recommended.
>
> Any suggestings, FM fans?
> --
> Christopher Seiwald
> dual!ptsfa!politik!chris

FM has three other albums, the most recent of which released in 79:
FM - Direct to Disk...unavailable anywhere but great instrumentals
   - Surveillance...  shades of Black Noise but more Rock Oriented
   - City of Fear...  Rock. Some interesting lyrics.

FM is currently playing gigs in Toronto, working on new material.
Nash The Slash who persued a solo career (touring w/ Gary Numan, CBC TV,
Calaboration w/ Bill Nelson) has rejoined the group). No news on
a release date as of yet.

Andrew Hudson
ritcv!abh6509