[net.religion] Proofs of creation

dubois@uwmacc.UUCP (06/29/84)

<>

>Subject: RE: Scientific Creationism
>
>   Will somebody please either post or mail me the proofs of SC. I'm an
>ingnorant pagan and would like to be enlightened as to the proofs of SC, if
>there really are any.

I would be happy to discuss proofs of creation"ism".  At the same time, you
can enlighten me with the proofs of evolutionism"ism", should they
exist (no :-) here, either).

First, I suppose it is worth mentioning that we are not going to "prove"
anything, either creation or evolution, right?  Can answers to questions
such as this be "proved"?  (Notwithstanding Gould-Sagan types who
make statements about evolution being a proven fact, etc.)

Perhaps we, and anyone else who would like to contribute to this discussion,
ought to address the question of groundrules first, however.  For one thing,
are we going to bring religion into it or not?  It does not matter to me
either way.  I will say at the outset that I am a Christian, and I believe
the Bible when it states that God created.  That is enough for me.  On
the other hand, it is obviously not enough for non Judeo-Christian types.
So we shall discuss the evidence.  The reason I ask about religion is
that I find it quite common for the person on the evolution side of the
question to make some sort of assertion about religious matters, when I
have not brought religion into the debate at all, and then to contend that
I am making the whole thing a religious question!  I find this, as you will
no doubt understand, a quite disagreeable practice.  How would you
like to proceed?

Paul DuBois				And he is before all things,
Univ. of Wis.-Madison			any by him all things consist...
UW Regional Primate Center				Colossians 1:17