[net.religion] "Some Questions"

brower@fortune.UUCP (Richard Brower) (09/07/84)

In answer to another article that was a response to a response
to my article, "Some Questions".
>From: brunson@usfbobo.UUCP (David Brunson)
>> from previous responce

>>The motivation is therefore
>>not unlike that of the anti-Semite, racist, or rapist.

>This is not true.  The acts of homosexuality
>and rape are quite unlike the state of being a Jew or a member
>of some unloved race.  Homosexual acts and rape are *sins*.
>We understand from reading the Torah that such acts are not pleasing
>in the sight of the Almighty God.

"Sins" is an emotionally loaded word from the J/C tradition.  Because
someone has a different lifestyle, with which you do not agree is no
reason to beat them up, kill them, or put them in jail.  Putting us
gays in the catagory of rapists is an argument that is completely
bogus, meaningless, and bullshit.  The point of homosexuality, as
practiced by anybody I could deal with, is that it is totally with
the consent of all parties involved.  I was however once raped, by
a person who claimed that his orientation was "straight" but in jail
such distinctions often go by the wayside.

>>Both the queer-basher and the Nazi need an ideology.
>>The ideology of the queer-basher is based on the preachings
>>of the "Christian" Right, whose incessant vilification of all
>>those who disagree with it are about as Christian as the Spanish
>>Inquisition.

>Can you support your rather outlandish statements with some quotations?

Actually, I have some of Jerry's fund raising literature which I intend
to post for just this purpose.  I will get to it in the near future.

Richard Brower		Fortune Systems
{ihnp4,ucbvax!amd,hpda,sri-unix,harpo}!fortune!brower

brunson@usfbobo.UUCP (David Brunson) (09/12/84)

[From some person who identifies himself as a homosexual:]

>"Sins" is an emotionally loaded word from the J/C tradition.  Because
>someone has a different lifestyle, with which you do not agree is no
>reason to beat them up, kill them, or put them in jail.

No, "Sins" are acts which are not pleasing to the Creator.  I thought
I made this clear before.  It has nothing to do with "tradition",
"lifestyle", or whether anyone agrees with it or not.  If you had
been reading your Bible every day you would know this.  As for beating
up persons who engage in sinful *acts*, I have no such inclination.
You see, being a Kingdom kind of guy, I know that every vile and
filthy thing will be cast into the Lake of Fire in due course.  I don't
have to exert any effort at all!!

Until that wonderful day, however, conscientious citizens should
do all they can to prevent filthy people from gaining power in government,
forcing employers to hire them, or bringing economic sanctions via legislation
against those who would discriminate against them in business.

--
David Brunson

In your heart you know I'm right.