Date: 1 Nov 1984 19:37:37-EST
From: ucbvax!Tim.Maroney@CMU-CS-K.ARPA
To: ucla-cs!ellen@BERKELEY
Subject: net.religion subdivision

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I would object VERY strongly as an occultist to the creation of
net.religion.pagan, as the term "pagan" is far too narrow and there
is not the slightest chance that the rest of us would be given other
net.religion subgroups.  I am active on CompuServe's Religion SIG,
and recently was able to convince the sysop of ReligSIG to rename one
of the sections "New Age".  This is a term which seems to satisfy
witches (well, the president of Covenant of the Goddess is on, and she
likes it, anyway), Thelemites, Masons, and what have you.

If you read all of net.religion, you've heard of me.  I unfortunately
have read-only access to USENET at present.  Even as only a passive
participant, I would very much like to see a net.religion.newage
created.  I would also appreciate it if you would forward this to
net.religion for me.  Thank you.

Love is the law, love under will.

Tim Maroney
Tim.Maroney@CMU-CS-K.ARPA