[net.religion] Positive notes

tullis@uiucdcs.UUCP (11/09/84)

Seems like a lot of people on this net are really uptight. Looking
over the notes I see a lot of gripe gripe bitch bitch. Much violence
and hatred is in the world due to religious conflict. This does
no one good. Rather than quibble over this minor point
or that one, trying to build up one's ego by tearing up someone elses
arguements; I think it would be better to focus on living a life that
is good in the eyes of God. "Cast out the beam in thine own eye..."etc.
before jumping down the throats of others.
	I do believe in God, and that his Word is his Will. Walking
with God is a very positive experience. Many people here on this net
are very negative. That ought to clue you in that something is not
right in your life. Try to act in your own life as Jesus would. It's
usually not that hard.
	I would like to see more positive views and notes. There's
enough negativism in the world as it is. I would be interested in
any responses to this. Well, back to work....

mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) (11/13/84)

In article <33000073@uiucdcs.UUCP> tullis@uiucdcs.UUCP writes:
>... Many people here on this net
>are very negative. That ought to clue you in that something is not
>right in your life. Try to act in your own life as Jesus would. It's
>usually not that hard.

Golly.  If our writings seem negative to you, they must be positive to us.
Maybe there is something wrong in your life instead, for seeing only
negative.  Maybe you should become an agnostic to clear up those problems.  :-)

Anyhow, my writings are no more negative than Jesus throwing the moneylenders
out of the temple.  I'm trying to exorcise religious irrationality from minds,
where it doesn't belong.

(Ooooh do I hate the term negative.  Oh no! there I go again being negative!
Aieee! no escape except the mindless placidity of belief!  Ubizmo save me!)
--

Mike Huybensz		...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!cybvax0!mrh