[net.religion] Christians desecrate Sabbath, not keep it

yiri@ucf-cs.UUCP (Yirmiyahu BenDavid) (11/29/84)

From gkm@hou2b.UUCP (G.MCNEES) Sun Feb  6 01:28:16 206
Subject: Re: Law and Christianity

The foundation of the law is the
ten commandments.  If these commandments were obeyed, practically
all of the bickering on this network would vanish.  Nine of the ten
commandments are specifically regiven in the New Testament.  Either
exactly or even extended. ...
The one commandment, keeping the sabbeth, not plainly
regiven in the NT is nevertheless fulfilled in the Christians life,
since we have entered into true sabbeth rest. However, that is
another extensive study.  Christians are born as babes and need to
grow up on a proper diet- the milk of the word.  One of the first
things they need to be taught is that their minds must be completely
renewed.

				Gary  McNees
*********************
* Yiri replies:
* The commandment regarding keeping the Sabbath is in NO way fulfilled
* by Christians as you assert. Your whole religion is based on replacing
* the Torah of God with these 'fullfillments', etc. to which you allude.
* This is part of the counterfeiting. There was an article in the BAR
* (Bibl. Arch. Rev.) on just how the worship of the Sabbath was changed
* to sun-god-day by the Romans LONG after the N'tzarim. The N'tzarim,
* in fact, continued to keep Shabbat along with the rest of Torah.
* Again, we find the difference between the N'tzarim Jews and the
* goyim Roman Christians. There is no legitimate link-up between the
* two. It is the religion of the contra-messiah which changed the
* times, seasons, laws, etc. according to Dan. (I think ch. 7?).
* One of the first things a Christian needs to learn is that they are
* following a counterfeit who is the opposite of the N'tzarim Jew
* they thought they were following regarding Torah. You don't under-
* stand repentance until you recognize you repent from not keeping
* Torah.  You don't understand terms like the 'Word' until you
* realize that when these words were spoken, the 'New Testament'
* wasn't around yet... these early N'tzarim were referring to
* Torah.  In fact, they even said that either you follow the law of
* God (Torah by their perspective) or the law of sin and death.
* Guess which you are following.
***************************

gkm@ho95b.UUCP (gkm) (11/30/84)

Mr. BenDavid:

You constantly refer to your keeping Torah.  I thought one of the
most important aspects of this was the sacrifice of animals for your
sins.  Do you still practice animal sacrifice??

					Sincerely, Gary McNees

teitz@aecom.UUCP (Eliyahu Teitz) (12/04/84)

> Mr. BenDavid:
>
> You constantly refer to your keeping Torah.  I thought one of the
> most important aspects of this was the sacrifice of animals for your
> sins.  Do you still practice animal sacrifice??
>
> 					Sincerely, Gary McNees

   Gary,
 	The answer to your question is a simple one. Before the Temple was
built there was no law regarding private altars for sacrifice. Once the
Temple was built, though, Jews were prohibited from building private altars
and only the altar in the Temple was used for sacrifice. This law did not and
does not apply to non-Jews and they may offer sacrifices as they see fit,
provided they are to G-D.
	With the destruction of the Temple and the removal of the altar it
ha become impossible to offer sacrifices. If we were to know the exact location
of the altar and we could rebuild it ( I can just see the Arabs letting us !! )
then we would have sacrifices again, also provided we had some priests who
could prove their lineage from priestly families.

				Eliyahu Teitz.