[net.religion] pass the buck

pws@faron.UUCP (Phillip W. Servita) (12/05/84)

William Gulley writes:

>Has the development of nuclear weapons in the last 20 years or so done
>anything for your peace of mind, or made your life worth any more?  It
>sure works, but for whose benefit, yours or the Nobel Prize winner's career
>reputation?

   I think the above statement certainly goes along with the 'opiate-
of-the-masses' theory of religion quite well. Note that "It sure works",
but seeing as the pure(99.999%) facts dont make this person feel calm,
he would much rather submit himself to a completely irrational belief
system that guarantees that life will be wonderful and free of personal
responsibility. Seems like a giant COP-OUT to me.

                                      -the venn buddhist

"If people could fly, they wouldn't want to walk their dogs."

Newsgroups: net.religion