[net.religion] Quit begging the question Julie!!!

yiri@ucf-cs.UUCP (Yirmiyahu BenDavid) (12/09/84)

Julie Harazduk writes:
Well, better late than never.
In one sense, ken, you're right.  Converting from Judaism to Christianity
can't truly happen.  What can happen is the acceptance of Jesus Christ as
the Messiah promised by God in the covenant described in the Torah (and
other Scripture as well).  Barring any argument from Yiri, Christianity is
the fulfillment of Judaism brought to the Jew first and to the Gentile (see
Romans 1:16).  As Jeff Sargent said so eloquently, Christ is the High Priest
(see Hebrews 2:17) and the Sacrifice (Hebrews 9:13-14).  He requires ``our''
lives as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). We must be dead to ourselves and
alive to Him (Romans 6:4-11).

************************
Yiri (of course) responds:
What a bunch of logical garbage! You haven't even attempted to explain
the counterfeitting and lack of link-up to Judaism and you beg the
question as if that's ok. You ignore that the historical Y'shua was
just the opposite of Jesus Christ and that Jesus Christ is an antichrist
fabricated by pagans of the Roman Empire to further their own ambitions
as Constantine did, and you keep right on spouting your drivel.
There is no legitimate historical connection between Judaism and
Christianity except that the Roman pagans based their fabrications on
the Jewish idea - but they perverted it to their hearts content and
made it the opposite of what was originally taught by the N'tzarim.
You quote from the same book which even Christian scholars admit has
been "revised" in the earliest extant mss. and pretend to know some-
thing about Judaic scripture. You want some credence? Then answer the
questions!!!!!
*************************

If you're considering Christ, you're on the right track.  Just as Him to
make Himself real to you.  I hope that nothing that has been said will
discourage you for seeking the truth.

Julie A. Harazduk
philabs!jah

**************************
Yiri responds:
If you're considering Christ you should know that you are considering
following an image counterfeitted by Romans of the Roman Empire; an
image which is anti-historical and diametrically contrary to the
historical figure he claims to be - and for this he is a counterfeit
and a contra-messiah. Y'shua and the N'tzarim died at the hands of
Christians who were followers of Jesus Christ BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT
ABANDON THEIR OBSERVANCE OF TORAH!!! It is Jesus Christ and his
followers, the Christians who have changed the times (Dan. 7)
(Passover to the festival for the pagan goddes Esotera [Easter],
adopted the birthday to the sun god Mithra [Christmas], instituted
idolatry [mariolatry, jesus, saints, etc], and on and on. Read
something other than just their propaganda. In fact, so should
Julie!!!
***************************

garys@bunker.UUCP (Gary M. Samuelson) (12/12/84)

> ************************
> Yiri (of course) responds:
> Y'shua and the N'tzarim died at the hands of
> Christians who were followers of Jesus Christ BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT
> ABANDON THEIR OBSERVANCE OF TORAH!!!

Huh?  How could Y'shua have died at the hands of followers of a
(later) counterfeit of himself?  I thought your position included
the assertion that there was neither Jesus nor Christians until
many years after Y'shua's life.  Now you are saying that either
Jesus predates Y'shua, or that they were contemporary.

Gary Samuelson