[net.religion] An interesting quote from the past...

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (01/11/85)

In responding to a letter from Jeff Sargent, I came across this quote from an
article Ken Arndt wrote about me some months ago:

> I just love to hear an apostate Jew define Christianity for us.

I am awestruck by the humor in this statement.  I mean, after all, who
defined Christianity in the first place if not a group of apostate Jews? ...

(Well, *I* thought it was humorous...)
--
"Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?  I dunno."
				Rich Rosen 	{ihnp4 | harpo}!pyuxd!rlr

hutch@shark.UUCP (Stephen Hutchison) (01/14/85)

In article <371@pyuxd.UUCP> rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) writes:
>In responding to a letter from Jeff Sargent, I came across this quote from an
>article Ken Arndt wrote about me some months ago:
>
>> I just love to hear an apostate Jew define Christianity for us.
>
>I am awestruck by the humor in this statement.  I mean, after all, who
>defined Christianity in the first place if not a group of apostate Jews? ...
>
>(Well, *I* thought it was humorous...)
>--
>"Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?  I dunno."
>				Rich Rosen 	{ihnp4 | harpo}!pyuxd!rlr

Rich...

Please stop multiposting to net.religion.*

Post to one group at a time unless the topic is truly relevant to all
the groups AND if it obeys the rules of the group.  I.e. in the case of
net.religion.[christian|jewish] the article shouldn't be intended to
insult or ridicule anyone for their practice of that religion.  If you
cannot abide by the concensus rules of the net, then at least abide by
the rules of common politeness.

by PRACTICING JEWS who REMAINED practicing Jews throughout their lives.
Your claim that they were apostate is offensive and untrue.

I am posting this to the three groups of your original posting because
your slander must not be allowed to go unchallenged.

Hutch