[net.religion] gay christians??????

larryg@teklds.UUCP (Larry Gardner) (01/11/85)

I do not understand, why would someone want to be a Christian and
a homosexual.  That is the same as saying, Hi, I am a Christian rapist,
or Christian murderer, or a Christian adulterer.  You can't follow Jesus
and still remain in sin.

"This is the message we have heard from Him and proclaim to you, that God
 is light and in Him is no darkness at all.  If we say we have fellowship
 with Him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according
 to the truth."

 I John 1:5-6

Sure people try to justify all kinds of sin in the Bible but Jesus still
does not approve.

It is not right to treat a gay person as a non-human being.  A Christian
is required to deal with all people in love whether we agree with what
they do or not.  I accept people but not necessarily their lifestyle.

I did not use the examples of murderer to say that homosexuality is the
most disgusting sin or anything like that.  The point is you can't
even be a Christian liar, or Christian Satan worshipper.

Light and darkness do not mix.  To be a follower of Jesus we must live
by His teachings and ways.

In Jesus love,

karen alias larryg

mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) (01/14/85)

In article <210@teklds.UUCP> larryg@teklds.UUCP (Karen) writes:

> I do not understand, why would someone want to be a Christian and
> a homosexual.  That is the same as saying, Hi, I am a Christian rapist,
> or Christian murderer, or a Christian adulterer.  You can't follow Jesus
> and still remain in sin.

While it may seem funny for me to defend people's desire to be Christian,
I can't resist the unChristian illogic of this statement.

1)  In any number of Christian theologies, we are perpetually sinning no matter
    what we do.  In Roman Catholicism, only mortal sins (of which homosexuality
    is not one) will prevent eventual access to heaven.

2)  Let [s]he who is without sin cast the first stone.  The wealth of Americans
    is so stupendous by Biblical standards (which are quite reasonable by the
    standards of the rest of the world)  that I really don't see how any
    middle-class American can call him/herself a Christian.  "It's easier for
    a camel to fit through the eye of a needle..." etc.
--

Mike Huybensz		...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!cybvax0!mrh