[net.religion] Re. MHCS from Frank Adrian

arndt@lymph.DEC (01/30/85)

About your Jan.9th posting on the results of the most hated cult survey,
the one with Jerry Falwell on top for Usenet.

I think it shows more than you may suspect about the Usenet crowd, at least
the ones who bother to respond to your call.

The Moral Majority, per Frank Harris, is now the single largest voting block
in American politics!  From 0 in 1977 to today!!!  Keep on laughing.  And
there are MILLIONS more not registered.  Every time Fritz and what's her name
said Jerry Falwell was going to decide the next Supreme Court appointments
Reagan got another half million votes!  Don't you see dummies, that's what
the people WANT!!!!!  They are fed up with the radical liberal programs.
Finally now so are the democrats.

THE PEOPLE HAVE (and still are - boy they're just gearing up!) SPOKEN!!!
In the poll that counts!!  Even 'Tip' O'Neal has seen the handwriting on
the wall and lain down in front of President Reagan.

You guys sound like you still have your hair in a pony tail.

Regards,

Ken Arndt

dgary@ecsvax.UUCP (D Gary Grady) (01/31/85)

> THE PEOPLE HAVE (and still are - boy they're just gearing up!) SPOKEN!!!
> In the poll that counts!!  Even 'Tip' O'Neal has seen the handwriting on
> the wall and lain down in front of President Reagan.

(-: The way President Hindenburg lay down in front of the popularly
elected Adolf Hitler (damned fine economic program, that old Adolf
had)??  :-)

> You guys sound like you still have your hair in a pony tail.

Good grief... May you DO mean that?!?!?
--
D Gary Grady
Duke U Comp Center, Durham, NC  27706

franka@hercules.UUCP (Frank Adrian) (02/01/85)

In article <390@decwrl.UUCP> arndt@lymph.DEC writes:
>THE PEOPLE HAVE (and still are - boy they're just gearing up!) SPOKEN!!!
>In the poll that counts!!  Even 'Tip' O'Neal has seen the handwriting on
>the wall and lain down in front of President Reagan.
>
>You guys sound like you still have your hair in a pony tail.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ken Arndt

OK, Ken. Just be sure to tell us when you get the "re-education" camps
finished. We'll all report there just like the "PEOPLE" want.

P.S. My hair is probably shorter than yours, Ken.
				Frank Adrian

rdz@ccice5.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) (02/05/85)

> The Moral Majority, per Frank Harris, is now the single largest voting block
> in American politics!  From 0 in 1977 to today!!!  Keep on laughing.  And
> there are MILLIONS more not registered.  Every time Fritz and what's her name
> said Jerry Falwell was going to decide the next Supreme Court appointments
> Reagan got another half million votes!  Don't you see dummies, that's what
> the people WANT!!!!!  They are fed up with the radical liberal programs.
> Finally now so are the democrats.
>
> Ken Arndt

Uh, excuse me Ken, but about 30 MILLION people disagreed with that idea
last November.  That says to me this is NOT what the people want.  Or are
you suggesting that the majority (moral or otherwise) has the right to
FORCE its will on the minority?

ellen@reed.UUCP (Ellen Eades) (02/05/85)

> while the police were out beating 14-year-old kids carrying flowers
> and singings songs with their nightsticks it was "the people" and
> "the Christians" who cheered them on...(ask someone who was there
> on that fateful day in 1969 at the Arlington Street Church)...

Wow.  Them must have been *some* high-tech nightsticks :-)

			--ellen

daf@ccice6.UUCP (David Fader) (02/06/85)

> >THE PEOPLE HAVE (and still are - boy they're just gearing up!) SPOKEN!!!
> >In the poll that counts!!  Even 'Tip' O'Neal has seen the handwriting on
> >the wall and lain down in front of President Reagan.
> >You guys sound like you still have your hair in a pony tail.

> OK, Ken. Just be sure to tell us when you get the "re-education" camps
> finished. We'll all report there just like the "PEOPLE" want.
> P.S. My hair is probably shorter than yours, Ken.

Very good points. I am bald. Therefore neither of
you should post again without my permission.
--
The Watcher
seismo!rochester!ccice5!ccice6!daf

larry@cci-bdc.UUCP (Larry DeLuca) (02/07/85)

> About your Jan.9th posting on the results of the most hated cult survey,
> the one with Jerry Falwell on top for Usenet.
>
> I think it shows more than you may suspect about the Usenet crowd, at least
> the ones who bother to respond to your call.

maybe the last forms of intelligent life are on the USENET :-)?

> The Moral Majority, per Frank Harris, is now the single largest voting block
> in American politics!  From 0 in 1977 to today!!!  Keep on laughing.  And
> there are MILLIONS more not registered.  Every time Fritz and what's her name
> said Jerry Falwell was going to decide the next Supreme Court appointments
> Reagan got another half million votes!  Don't you see dummies, that's what
> the people WANT!!!!!  They are fed up with the radical liberal programs.
> Finally now so are the democrats.
>
> THE PEOPLE HAVE (and still are - boy they're just gearing up!) SPOKEN!!!
> In the poll that counts!!  Even 'Tip' O'Neal has seen the handwriting on
> the wall and lain down in front of President Reagan.

"the people" are a confused and frustrated bunch who found that they were
being screwed and got fed up enough to change the status quo...when they
see how bad they're going to lose under ronny raygun they'll try another
tack -- back to radicalism again, maybe...

> You guys sound like you still have your hair in a pony tail.

doesn't sound so bad to me -- the hippies and the flower children believed
that with enough love they could change the world...the equivalent move-
ment today (the punk movement) grows out of the defeat of the hippie
movement by the establishment -- we can't change the world, so fuck it...

while the police were out beating 14-year-old kids carrying flowers
and singings songs with their nightsticks it was "the people" and
"the Christians" who cheered them on...(ask someone who was there
on that fateful day in 1969 at the Arlington Street Church)...

> Regards,
>
> Ken Arndt

					larry...

especially people who care about strangers,
who say they care about social injustice.
do you only care about the bleeding crowd?
how about a needing friend?

			-- Hair

--
uucp:  ..mit-eddie!cybvax0!cci-bdc!larry

arpa:  henrik@mit-mc.ARPA

This mind intentionally left blank.

dsi@unccvax.UUCP (Dataspan Inc) (02/21/85)

     Actually, it would seem to me that it was 30+ million people + those
who selected not to vote that disagree with that position. Therefore, one
could conclude that the majority ... oh well, flogging a dead horse again.

     Such is the farce of representative "democracy." See the references in
Wolff's paper, "In Defence of Anarchism" for more details

dya