[net.religion] what does it mean to talk to God a Denial!

jho@ihuxn.UUCP (Yosi Hoshen) (03/12/85)

I got last night the following interesting mail which I would
like to share with the netters:

--

Yosi Hoshen, Bell Laboratories
Naperville, Illinois, (312)-979-7321, Mail: ihnp4!ihuxn!jho

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Professor Wagstaff) (03/13/85)

> I got last night the following interesting mail which I would
> like to share with the netters:
>
> |From ihnp4!decvax!romex!jerusalem!olympus!zeus3!valhala!satinvax!heaven!god
> |From: god@heaven.UUCP (goD)
> |Newsgroups: net.religion
> |Subject: Re: what does it mean to talk to God [a brief attempt at an answer]
> |Date: 11 Mar 85 15:39:10 HMT
> |
> |Yosi,
> |
> |I was rather disturbed recently when I read Rich Rosen's account
> |of an alleged conversation with me:
> |
> |>Well, it finally happened.  No, really.  God actually spoke to me.
> |>I now really and truly believe in God.  What's more, I see the correctness
> |>of the Christian perspective!!!  God has explained it all to me.
> |
> |>It happened in a dream last night...........[ROSEN]
> |
> |I categorically deny the account of Rich Rosen's story. I DID NOT
> |speak to him on that night.  He was really dreaming.  I did not
> |speak to him on that night, because on that night I spoke to Mike
> |Huybensz! (I am sure Mike will verify my claim).
> |
> |keep chargin'
> |
> |goD   [YOSI HOSHEN]

Well, I guess Yosi's letter proves that I made it all up.  I admit it.

What's that?  You don't believe that the letter in Yosi's mailbox actually
came from god?  Why not?  Don't you believe him?  Here's the testimony of
someone we all respect (well, most of us :-).  And I'm sure Mike will
corroborate Yosi's story.  Mike, why don't you tell us all what god said
to you.  Given the evidence, I see no reason why anyone out there should
disbelieve what you have to say.   :-???

Really, we may finally be getting somewhere.  Here we have hard evidence
(from Yosi, and soon, from Mike) about god's message.  We should all give it
the full attention and consideration it deserves.  As we should with any
similar evidence.
--
"It's a lot like life..."			 Rich Rosen  ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr

                                       --

Ha! It's a fake!  Everyone knows that the correct address is 144000 Paradise
Square.  Besides, don't they run 2.11 on heaven? :-)

Charley Wingate

mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) (03/14/85)

In article <990@ihuxn.UUCP> jho@ihuxn.UUCP (Yosi Hoshen) writes:
> I got last night the following interesting mail which I would
> like to share with the netters:
>
> |From ihnp4!decvax!romex!jerusalem!olympus!zeus3!valhala!satinvax!heaven!god
> |Subject: Re: what does it mean to talk to God [a brief attempt at an answer]
> |
> |I was rather disturbed recently when I read Rich Rosen's account
> |of an alleged conversation with me...
> |
> |I categorically deny the account of Rich Rosen's story. I DID NOT
> |speak to him on that night.  He was really dreaming.  I did not
> |speak to him on that night, because on that night I spoke to Mike
> |Huybensz! (I am sure Mike will verify my claim).

I never dreamed I'd be called upon to provide an alibi for God.  I'm not
sure that my testimony will do any good: my enlightenment was instantaneous,
and then we stopped at a local ice cream parlor for only short while.

What did God say?  Just that he doesn't like leaving overt evidence around,
and that agnosticism is the right way to approach things.
--

Mike Huybensz		...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!cybvax0!mrh