[net.religion] A God's-eye view of things

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (03/15/85)

In article <444@teklds.UUCP> larryg@teklds.UUCP (Larry Gardner) writes:
>[...]In other words, man making his own way to
>God, deciding the way, the truth, and the means.  That makes me ill.
>My thinking and life must line up with God's, not His with mine.
>
>karen

Hmmm... I asked God about that the other day (over a beer at the Over Easy
bar, which She frequents because of the floating Trivial Pursuits game --
She's very good at it, except for the sports questions), and She said that
frankly She had given up on absolute generalities, prefering to make a spot
judgement (which led to a heated argument on "The only good Umpire is...").
She also started on that harangue about how tired She is of people passing
the buck to Her when they screw up... I explained to Her that that's one of
the things you have to put up with in Management, and suggested that She
get back into Engineering...

And before you begin hassling me about my use of 'She' in the above
paragraph, please explain how you have two names of opposite gender.
Schizophrenia?  Sex change?  You're a transvestite?  I mean, I go by two
aliases, but at least they're both male...

                                "He is the Napoleon of Crime, Watson..."

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA