[net.religion] Holly's note on Mormon doctrine

jim@randvax.UUCP (Jim Gillogly) (03/20/85)

In article <7600003@hpfcly.UUCP> holly@hpfcly.UUCP (holly) writes:
>                                       As far as the Mormon's believing that
> all people are going to heaven IS WRONG!  Only if you are Mormon will you
> achieve the different levels of heaven.  Joseph Fielding Smith once quoted
> what Brigham Young once said, "...no man or woman in this dispensation
> will ever enter into the Celestial Kingdom of God without the consent of
> Joseph Smith".  Right there the Mormons are saying unless we are Mormon
> we will not enter Heaven.

As several posters have pointed out, Mormon doctrine states that (virtually)
all people will go to one of the three levels of heaven.  The Celestial
Kingdom, referenced above, is the highest, and is reserved for the faithful.
The other two levels are called the Terrestrial Kingdom and the Telestial
Kingdom (don't ask me the etymology of the latter); I forget which one is
best.  In the middle category you get random good people who aren't good
Mormons, and in the lowest category you get (virtually) everybody else.
--
	Jim Gillogly
	{decvax, vortex}!randvax!jim