[net.religion] Posting of 22 March

black@nisysg.DEC (03/22/85)

It appears that one of my submissions was posted to the net twice.
If it was my fault, it was NOT intentional.  System G has had some
problems recently.

--DB

dbrown@watarts.UUCP (Dave Brown) (03/27/85)

Note: To those of you who are wondering why I, after the great nit I posted,
am replying to this, chalk it up to one thing; I am appalled with Don Black.

> It appears that one of my submissions was posted to the net twice.
> If it was my fault, it was NOT intentional.  System G has had some
> problems recently.
>
> --DB

Picture a nice warm white house with red trim. Around it is a garden, with
roses, daffodils, and lilies. Surrounded by a forest of majestic oaks, maples
and other deciduos(sp) trees, the house nestles, smoke curling from the chimney.
Butterflies and birds, gaily coloured, flitter around the white warm home.

The birds, seem to sing a gay hello to the girl with the red hood, which matches
her red rosy cheeks. She sings a song, and the birds and the girl seem to
harmonize into a lilting, laughing ditty. She enters the home, through her
heavy oak door.

After tea, the girl rests up beside the fireplace. "I wonder how Grandma is
doing?" she asks herself. She smiles and goes to her play room. While entering
the news section of her network, the girl hums a song. The tune seems to flow
like honey over the playroom, and the walls glow and hum along with her.

The girl laughs and lounges through the news. Then, while attempting to
mail to Grandma, she suddenly sees the gets a talk request from none only
then that person she was just trying to mail to.

Hello Grandma.

GREETINGS CHILD.
GREETINGS CHILD.

Oh, Grandma! What big letters you have, and you type everything in twice!

THE BETTER TO TEACH YOU THE RIGHT THINGS TO THINK MY DEAR.
THE BETTER TO TEACH YOU THE RIGHT THINGS TO THINK MY DEAR.

Grandma, could you tell me again about the Zionist wolves?

WHY CERTAINLY CHILD!.......
WHY CERTAINLY CHILD!.......

This is not an attempt to link Black to pedophiles.

In fact, Black is a wolf who attepts to warp people through nothing but
simple questioning of history. If you listen to him for long enough,
you too can become like that child. If a man has no anchor to rely upon,
he will be bent into the shape that others would have him become.

Some people make an anchor of reasoning. Some make an anchor of money.

My anchor, my rock, and in the end, my salvation is Christ. All the ravings
of Black or Rosen or Arndt can not take that away from me. In the end, there
is nothing for me but Christ. If you do not believe as I do, I understand.
Black may have forgotten that part of the Bible which says to love your enemies
as yourself, but, though I may digress, with God's grace, I have not forgotten
Christ's love. People, I am leaving the net now after 3 months. To those who
have encouraged me, I thank-you. To those who have vilified me, I forgive you.
To those who have ignored me, I agree with you. In the end, their is more for
me than this net, than my school work, than arguing(a pity we couldn't have been more civilized) with Rich. In the end, their is Christ. Although some of you
won't accept it or appreciate it, I will pray for you all. I trust that you
will at least accept that parting gift. May the Lord be with you all, both
Christian and non-Christian.

Prayerfully yours,

			DAVE BROWN

mrh@cybvax0.UUCP (Mike Huybensz) (03/28/85)

In article <8357@watarts.UUCP> dbrown@watarts.UUCP (Dave Brown) writes:
> In fact, Black is a wolf who attepts to warp people through nothing but
> simple questioning of history. If you listen to him for long enough,
> you too can become like that child. If a man has no anchor to rely upon,
> he will be bent into the shape that others would have him become.
>
> Some people make an anchor of reasoning. Some make an anchor of money.
>
> My anchor, my rock, and in the end, my salvation is Christ.

I like this point about having an anchor.  It's a nice analogy.  I think
reason makes the better anchorage.  People whose beliefs are anchored to
gods frequently drift into heavy seas like Black's.  I'm not sure that the
choice of reason is better, but I'm giving it a try.
--

Mike Huybensz		...decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!cybvax0!mrh