[net.religion] opinion poll for worst song ever!

dbrown@watarts.UUCP (Dave Brown) (03/15/85)

> "They'er comming to take me away - ha ha".  This gem hit most
> requested song one summer in the mid-sixties.  This song was
> so bad that the only thing  they could find to go on the flip
> side was the same song recorded backward !
>
> Randy Dietrich
> Wilsonville, Oregon, USA

Is the first instance of backward masking????????? HORRORS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, by the way; for anyone who flames me over the distribution over four nets,
it's a sad day when people flame a bit of  levity.

Sincerely yours,

			DAVE BROWN

cff@uvaee.UUCP (Chuck Ferrara) (03/17/85)

> "They'er comming to take me away - ha ha".  This gem hit most
> requested song one summer in the mid-sixties.  This song was
> so bad that the only thing  they could find to go on the flip
> side was the same song recorded backward !
>
> Randy Dietrich
> Wilsonville, Oregon, USA

Does anyone happen to know the rest of the lyrics for this "song".
You know, about "the  nice young men in clean white suits", etc.

hutch@shark.UUCP (Stephen Hutchison) (03/22/85)

< Straightjackets for line eaters >

In article <234@uvaee.UUCP> cff@uvaee.UUCP (Chuck Ferrara) writes:
>> "They'er comming to take me away - ha ha".  This gem hit most
>> requested song one summer in the mid-sixties.  This song was
>> so bad that the only thing  they could find to go on the flip
>> side was the same song recorded backward !
>>
>> Randy Dietrich
>> Wilsonville, Oregon, USA
>

>Does anyone happen to know the rest of the lyrics for this "song".
>You know, about "the  nice young men in clean white suits", etc.

From memory:

"They're coming to take me away"  as performed by Napoleon the 14th:

Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees
and begged you not
to go because I'd go berserk?

WELL,

You left me anyhow, and then the days got worse and
worse and now you see I've gone completely out
of my mind,

AND

(chorus 1)
They're coming to take me away, haha, they're
coming to take me away, ho ho, heehee, ha ha,
to the funny farm where Life is Beautiful all the time
and I'll be happy to see
those Nice Young Men in their Clean
White Coats and they're coming to take me AWAY, HA HAAAAA

You thought it was a joke, and so you LAUGHED,
YOU LAUGHED when I had said that losing you would make
me flip my lid, RIGHT?

You know you laughed.  I HEARD you laugh, you
laughed and laughed and laughed and then you
left, and now you see I'm Utterly Mad

AND

(chorus 2)
They're coming to take me away, haha, they're
coming to take me away, ho ho, heehee, ha ha,
to the Happy Home with Trees and Flowers and
Chirping Birds and
basket weavers who sit and smile and
Twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're
Coming to Take me Away, HAHAAAAAAAAA

Well, you just wait, they'll get you yet, and
when they do, they'll put you in
the ASPCA, you mangy MUTT,

AND

(chorus 1)
(chorus 2)
(chorus 1 trailing into mumbles in the distance)

techpub@mhuxt.UUCP (mcgrew) (03/26/85)

> < Straightjackets for line eaters >
>
> From memory:
>
> "They're coming to take me away"  as performed by Napoleon the 14th:
>
> Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees
> and begged you not
> to go because I'd go berserk?
   .
   .
   .

Now that we know the words to side A of the single...

how 'bout telling us about side B... :-)

Melanie

meister@faron.UUCP (Philip W. Servita) (03/27/85)

You left something out....

In article <1293@shark.UUCP> hutch@shark.UUCP (Stephen Hutchison) writes:
>< Straightjackets for line eaters >

>In article <234@uvaee.UUCP> cff@uvaee.UUCP (Chuck Ferrara) writes:
>
>From memory:
>
>"They're coming to take me away"  as performed by Napoleon the 14th:
>
>Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees
>and begged you not
>to go because I'd go berserk?
>
>WELL,
>
>You left me anyhow, and then the days got worse and
>worse and now you see I've gone completely out
>of my mind,
>
>AND
>
>(chorus 1)
>They're coming to take me away, haha, they're
>coming to take me away, ho ho, heehee, ha ha,
>to the funny farm where Life is Beautiful all the time
>and I'll be happy to see
>those Nice Young Men in their Clean
>White Coats and they're coming to take me AWAY, HA HAAAAA
>
>You thought it was a joke, and so you LAUGHED,
>YOU LAUGHED when I had said that losing you would make
>me flip my lid, RIGHT?
>
>You know you laughed.  I HEARD you laugh, you
>laughed and laughed and laughed and then you
>left, and now you see I'm Utterly Mad
>
>AND
>
>(chorus 2)
>They're coming to take me away, haha, they're
>coming to take me away, ho ho, heehee, ha ha,
>to the Happy Home with Trees and Flowers and
>Chirping Birds and
>basket weavers who sit and smile and
>Twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're
>Coming to Take me Away, HAHAAAAAAAAA

I cooked your food
I cleaned your house
And this is how you pay me back
for all my kind unselfish loving deeds
RIGHT?
>Well, you just wait, they'll get you yet, and
>when they do, they'll put you in
>the ASPCA, you mangy MUTT,
>
>AND
>
>(chorus 1)
>(chorus 2)
>(chorus 1 trailing into mumbles in the distance)

         is anything really trash before you throw it away?

coffin@mot.UUCP (Chris Coffin) (03/28/85)

The B side of the're coming to take me away was the same song
... backwards... with the groove starting on the inside of the
record!!!

			Chris Coffin

			(they've already taken me away.)

crm@duke.UUCP (Charlie Martin) (03/31/85)

I normally *detest* this kind of message, honest, ...

but what *is* "they're coming to take me away" doing in net.religion?
--
			Opinions stated here.

			Charlie Martin
			(...mcnc!duke!crm)