[net.music] 'Till Tuesday's albumn

brad@gcc-bill.ARPA (Brad Parker) (03/07/85)

In article <430@harvard.ARPA> lo@harvard.ARPA (Bert S.F. Lo) writes:
>It seems like a mighty long time since anyone posted any reviews of recent
>releases. Was this moved to another group or something ?
>
>Til Tuesday - (I don't know the name of the album but it's produced by Mike
>               Thorne)

Well, I'll take the bate. I've been blowing off friends to go see 'till
tuesday in local bars for about a year and a half. I'm hooked.

The albumn contains most of the tunes they have been performing locally
plus one or two new songs. The treatment is "slick and soft" for the most
part. What always brought me back to see this band was the punch they gave
their tunes live. The albumn looses some of this but replaces it with
studio arrangements. I'd rather have the live punch, but the studio sound
is good and tight.

If I had to classify this music, I'd call it "mellow new wave blue with a
female singer". This doesn't do it, but it's close. High tech keyboards, hot
slap base and touching lyrics.
All in all, I think one or two of the tunes could go top 40, but the albumn
falls just slightly short of the mark. I'd buy it if you even think you like
'till tuesday.
Personally, I'm madly in love with Ami Mann (lead singer) and
I love the albumn, I've been waiting for it for 6 months and listen to it
everyday.

ps: They're at the Channel Friday 3/8. (Necco St, Boston)
--

J Bradford Parker
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-bill!brad

"Ahhh... Tower, there's this little 'ol yeller light on my dash a'tellen me.."