[net.religion] The American Study Tour to Israel

djz@cmu-cs-spice.ARPA (Daniel Zigmond) (04/27/85)

Subject: The American Study Tour to Israel
Newsgroups: net.politics

	I have been asked to post some information about the American Study
Tour to Israel.  Although participation has been limited to 20, there is
still some room for additional people.  The tour consists of two weeks of
intensive study on the problems facing Israelis and Palestinians in the
Middle East.  This includes lectures, interviews, discussions, and site
visits in Israel and the West Bank.

	The tour will leave from New York on June 11 and return on June 26.
It will be headquartered in the American Colony Hotel which is adjacent ot
the Old City of Jerusalem.  Most meetings will be in the conference room of
the hotel, but there will be day trips into the West Bank (Hebron, Quiryat
Arba, and Bir Zeit University) as well as an overnight trip to the North
(Golan Heights, Nazareth, and Haifa).  Other stops include visits to
Kibutzim as well as Tel Aviv and Yad Vashem.

	The tour is being coordinated by Michael Zigmond (University of
Pittsburgh) and  Anne Grosso (The College Board, New York) on a volunteer
basis.  The tour leaders are Amon Ahi-Nomi (Israeli radio commentator) and
Milton Viorst (writer on Middle Eastern affairs).  In addition, The New Israel
Fund, The International Center for Peace in the Middle East, and The Nation
Institute have assisted in organizing the tour.

	The price of the tour is $1890.  The tour is aimed at people who are
interested in the problems in the Middle East and who will pass on what they
learn to their communities.  All persons interested in attending should
either send their name, etc., to me or contact Michael Zigmond directly at
(412) 624-4258 (day) or (412) 422-7515 (evening) or call travel agent who is
making the arangements, Rachel Gal at (800) 221-3570 as soon as possible.

			Dan Zigmond

Disclaimer: I am involved in the coordination of this tour.