[net.religion] Moving Violation of separation CHURCH/STATE!

ec120bgt@sdcc3.UUCP (ANDREW VARE) (05/26/85)

In article <2083@sdcc6.UUCP>, ix191@sdcc6.UUCP (ix191) writes:

> In an Anthropology class I once took we
> studied religion in the U.S., and we noticed that in EVERY
> one of the inaugural (sp?) speaches made by past
> Presidents, G-d was mentioned.  In no way was it ever
> offensive, but It was another direct play with the influence
> of church and state.
>
> -Debi Cohen

Hey, if the guy gets THAT FAR [the inauguration] then he figures:

    1) It was divined, because there was no way in hell he could
    have been elected on political merits alone, or
    2) He actually IS our pipeline to GOD, and this is just another
    party where the "good word" [arf arf!] must be spread. Might
    I recommend here that a shovel would be the proper implement
    for the aforementioned spreading.

Andrew T. Vare