[net.religion] the conscious universe

on@hpda.UUCP (Owen Rowley) (06/05/85)

a-n.relig:d: No such file or directory
a-n.relig:
I would like to share some material excerpted from a marvelous series of books
called "How to win Games and influence Destiny...a manual for apprentice Gods"

THE CONSCIOUS UNIVERSE

lets not question the existence of the universe.
there it is!

Once existing it gains "pupose", to keep on existing
in more or less the same shape.

It does so by repeating certain simple patterns
over and over again,-the ones that take the least
effort- globes and flames, wheels and spirals.

Man however is a spontaneous being and doesn't
like having to repeat himself , unless it feels good.

So, if the existence of the universe somehow
depends on his co-operation, it had better be quite
tasty and exciting,

and it is.

MINIMUM EFFORT

The universe fills all space with splendour, using
precisely the minimum effort necessary to achieve
each effect. Man is a creature of the universe.
Should he be different?

Precision use of energy requires skill and grace,
qualities brought to perfection by the natural
process of experience. -Or you can use your head!-
If you know certain skills are neccesary, not just
to survive but to truley fulfill yourself, why not
go out and deliberatly try to acquire them?

Some people gain a strange sort of satisfaction out
of having to learn things the hard way. They also
make it tough on those who love them and are involved.
*Conscious* learning takes minimum effort. It's called
"using your head".

	HOW TO USE YOUR HEAD

There are two ways to solve a problem:

1.	By counting, discounting or trying to account
	for things "by the numbers"

2.	By looking for and identifying the *patterns*
	a.	Take a good look at the situation
		and pick out significant seeming patterns
		of color, movement or whatever.

	b.	Search your mind for an analogy,a situation
		where similar patterns occur but in a
		different context.

	c.	Draw your own conclusions.

INTER-RELATIONS

To find out what's going on we watch the natural
flow of events and draw conclusions. Chopping
the flow into numbered segments prevents us from
recognising the inter-relations of the whole.

RULE:
	"Any form of NUMERICAL operation, any concern
	with numbers of any kind, prevents the ORGANIC
	patterns from forming and being recognised."

DON'T try to figure things out. (You'll miss the
most important aspect anyway.)
DO quiet your mind, (divorce it from outside concern,)
and watch in silence as the patterns develop
and blossom. Then you'll "get the picture,"
in a flash.

Let me know ifyou like this stuff there's lots more where this came
from!!
ther are two books and they may still be available from the publisher
I found my set in a used bookstore...
	"How to Win Games and Influence Destiny"
	vol 1 & vol 2
	Gryphon House
	P.O. Box 1483
	Studio City, Calif.
		      91604

LUX ...on
{ucbvax,hplabs}!hpda!on
Owen Rowley....Santa Cruz, Ca.

polard@fortune.UUCP (Henry Polard) (06/06/85)

In article <510@hpda.UUCP> on@hpda.UUCP (Owen Rowley) writes:

>lets not question the existence of the universe.
>there it is!
What do you mean by "there" and "it"? If you mean the entire universe,
you need to clarify your point.  If you are pointing in a particular direction,
then you need to explain why it is not elsewhere.  The words "universe"
and "exist" do not have universally accepted meanings, ans need clarification.
I am being very literal, because you are making sweeping statements that
I (and I believe others) are not self-evident, or are too obscurely
metaphorical. In a previous posting, you said "What the system requires
you to believe, it cannot prove. Please be mindful of this.
>Once existing it gains "pupose", to keep on existing
>in more or less the same shape.
Your saying it does not make it so.  It may not have a purpose, and if it
does, it may be to grow, to change in another way, to see how many shapes
it can assume, to see how quickly it can end the pain by self-desstructing,
or any other conceivable or inconceivalble (to us now) purpose.
>It does so by repeating certain simple patterns
>over and over again,-the ones that take the least
>effort- globes and flames, wheels and spirals.
Please tell us how these patterns are simple, take the least effort,
and what you mean by "effort".
>Man however is a spontaneous being
"Spontaneous being" here seems to mean "not part of the rest of the
universe" -  strange.
>So, if the existence of the universe somehow
>depends on his co-operation, it had better be quite
>tasty and exciting,
Why?
>and it is.
Please prove it.
The rest of your posting keeps making claims about subjects with neither
clarification nor proof.  You are behaving suspiciously like the blind man who
claimed that the elephant was like a snake, and scooffed at the other
possibilities.  You have had some interesting insights, but I doubt that
they are the whole story, and I don't think you are communicating very
well to those who do not share your assumptions.

--
Henry Polard (You bring the flames - I'll bring the marshmallows.)
{ihnp4,cbosgd,amd}!fortune!polard