[net.religion] Everything ... and more!

hua@cmu-cs-edu1.ARPA (06/13/85)

> From: damon@nisysg.DEC
>
> Telatransportation  Acts 8:39-40, John 6:21

"And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord
caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his
way rejoicing.  But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he
preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea." [Acts 8:39-40]

"Then they willingly received him into the ship: and immediately the ship
was at the land whither they went." [John 6:21]

Where in the world is teletransportation mentioned?  Certainly not quite
the technological type.  (a la Star Trek, for example)  Magic is simply
of the wall.

> LASER beams in orbit (Star War Sys) Rev 13:13

"And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on
the earth in the sight of men."  [Rev 13:13]

Fire is not exactly laser beams.  (Star Wars Sys. is taking it way too far.)
Even if this could some how be valid, you are then saying that Ronald Reagan
is the antichrist.  Come to think of it ...

> Nuclear Wars   Rev 6:12-14

"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great
earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon
became as blood.  And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth even as a fig
tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.  And
the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every
mountain and island were moved out of their places." [Rev. 6:12-14]

Sounds like severe meteor shower to me.  What does any of this have to do
with nuclear war?

> Androids (robots or human statues) Rev 13:14-15

"And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles
which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that
dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had
the wound by a sword, and did live.  And he had power to give life unto the
image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause
that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."
[Rev 13:14-15]

Androids?  Robots?  Human statues?  Say what?

> ed

I don't know where you dig up these crazy ideas.  You have yet to answer my
questions about where in the Bible to locate things like computers/IC's/semi-
conductors/quarks/Usenet ...

Of course, "go ye unto the four corners of the earth" is only figurative,
right?  (sarcasm)

Keebler { hua@cmu-cs-gandalf.arpa }