[net.religion] Aryans & Dravidians, Jesus

ganpaty@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (S.Ganapathy) (06/25/85)

  From: sunil@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Sunil Trivedi)
> Similar to how the 'Aryans' picked up much from the conquered (and enslaved)
> Dravidians in North India, the European incorporated much from the enslaved
> Africans.  Isn't it interesting that those, who believe they are in the same
> group as the enslavers, do not like to believe that they learned anything
> from those that were the enslaved?  Consider the case of Jesus being black -
> any time that is brought up, many whites feel insecure and ferociously fight
> back as if the color of Jesus's skin is the foundation of their belief. Most
> Indians are proud of India's 'Aryan' past (considering that the 'Aryanness'
> of Indians is questionable) and attacking that is similar to a Turk attacking
> Attaturk..

	Sunil what is your message ? Please explain what 'Aryanness of
	Indians' means ? I think the 'Aryanness' ceased to exist as such
	after the integration of the Aryans with the (more civilised)
	Dravidians. I think the chronicled history has acknowledged the
	above fact. In the Catholic schools in India, Jesus is always
	'white-washed', though Krishna is black (shyam) & was a Dravidian.

					   S.Ganapathy
				       ganpaty@ut-ngp.ARPA
				...!ihnp4!ut-sally!ut-ngp!ganpaty
				...!seismo!netword!ut-ngp!ganpaty